- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Richard Jefferson Reacts to Possibility of Being Cut by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: October 13, 2017
On Thursday, rumors spread that longtime veteran Richard Jefferson may be facing the chopping block. Jefferson is never one to hold his tongue and on the most recent episode of his and teammate Channing Frye‘s podcast Road Trippin,’ Jefferson joked that his team-first mentality may force him to look for new employment.
"Everybody has to sacrifice." – Frye
"I'm about to sacrifice my way out of here." – RJ
"Oh, god, come on. Too soon, too soon!" – Frye
— Carter Rodríguez (@Carter_Shade) October 13, 2017
Jefferson has been known as an incredible teammate throughout his career, but with the additions of talented players like Jae Crowder, Jeff Green, Cedi Osman, and Dwyane Wade, the Cavs’ front office is going to have to make some tough decisions.
The NBA’s opening night less than a week away so Jefferson will know whether or not he will be suiting up alongside Frye and Smith in the coming days. Regardless of the outcome, Jefferson is sure to take the news with a professional attitude.