- LeBron James identifies himself with Michael Jordan after video of Cavs member trashing him emerges
- Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Andre Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Brooklyn Nets
- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
Richard Jefferson Reacts to Possibility of Being Cut by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: October 13, 2017
On Thursday, rumors spread that longtime veteran Richard Jefferson may be facing the chopping block. Jefferson is never one to hold his tongue and on the most recent episode of his and teammate Channing Frye‘s podcast Road Trippin,’ Jefferson joked that his team-first mentality may force him to look for new employment.
"Everybody has to sacrifice." – Frye
"I'm about to sacrifice my way out of here." – RJ
"Oh, god, come on. Too soon, too soon!" – Frye
— Carter Rodríguez (@Carter_Shade) October 13, 2017
Jefferson has been known as an incredible teammate throughout his career, but with the additions of talented players like Jae Crowder, Jeff Green, Cedi Osman, and Dwyane Wade, the Cavs’ front office is going to have to make some tough decisions.
The NBA’s opening night less than a week away so Jefferson will know whether or not he will be suiting up alongside Frye and Smith in the coming days. Regardless of the outcome, Jefferson is sure to take the news with a professional attitude.