- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond all of sudden far apart on contract extension
- Iman Shumpert clears up what Kyrie Irving meant after seemingly dissing LeBron James
- Cavs superstar Kevin Love seen working out in New York with renowned trainer
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
Richard Jefferson Reacts to Possibility of Being Cut by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: October 13, 2017
On Thursday, rumors spread that longtime veteran Richard Jefferson may be facing the chopping block. Jefferson is never one to hold his tongue and on the most recent episode of his and teammate Channing Frye‘s podcast Road Trippin,’ Jefferson joked that his team-first mentality may force him to look for new employment.
"Everybody has to sacrifice." – Frye
"I'm about to sacrifice my way out of here." – RJ
"Oh, god, come on. Too soon, too soon!" – Frye
— Carter Rodríguez (@Carter_Shade) October 13, 2017
Jefferson has been known as an incredible teammate throughout his career, but with the additions of talented players like Jae Crowder, Jeff Green, Cedi Osman, and Dwyane Wade, the Cavs’ front office is going to have to make some tough decisions.
The NBA’s opening night less than a week away so Jefferson will know whether or not he will be suiting up alongside Frye and Smith in the coming days. Regardless of the outcome, Jefferson is sure to take the news with a professional attitude.