- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Release Update on Iman Shumpert’s Injury Status
- Updated: October 5, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers gave a status update on Thursday afternoon on shooting guard Iman Shumpert, who was removed from Wednesday night’s preseason opener against the Atlanta Hawks in the first quarter due to a left foot injury.
The team’s official website offered the following information:
“Additional examination and imaging this morning at Cleveland Clinic Sports Health by Cavaliers team physicians Dr. James Rosneck and Dr. Richard Parker confirmed a left foot sprain. Shumpert will undergo treatment and is currently projected to return to play in approximately seven to 10 days.”
Shumpert has had injury problems both during and before his career with the Cavs began in January 2015, following a trade from the New York Knicks that also included teammate J.R. Smith. His return will take him out of most, if not all, the remaining preseason contests. However, he is on target to be ready for the team’s Oct. 17 opener against the Boston Celtics.