- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Release Update on Iman Shumpert’s Injury Status
- Updated: October 5, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers gave a status update on Thursday afternoon on shooting guard Iman Shumpert, who was removed from Wednesday night’s preseason opener against the Atlanta Hawks in the first quarter due to a left foot injury.
The team’s official website offered the following information:
“Additional examination and imaging this morning at Cleveland Clinic Sports Health by Cavaliers team physicians Dr. James Rosneck and Dr. Richard Parker confirmed a left foot sprain. Shumpert will undergo treatment and is currently projected to return to play in approximately seven to 10 days.”
Shumpert has had injury problems both during and before his career with the Cavs began in January 2015, following a trade from the New York Knicks that also included teammate J.R. Smith. His return will take him out of most, if not all, the remaining preseason contests. However, he is on target to be ready for the team’s Oct. 17 opener against the Boston Celtics.