- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Cavs Rumors: Several Teams Inquiring About Cedi Osman
- Updated: September 27, 2017
With Dwyane Wade now a part of the Cleveland Cavaliers roster, the team appears intent on having a strong veteran presence on the court. That may not leave time for some of the newcomers, specifically rookie Cedi Osman, who reportedly could be the subject of some phone calls to the Cavaliers front office.
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) September 27, 2017
The 22-year-old Osman was the 31st overall selection in the 2015 NBA Draft by the Minnesota Timberwolves, but was one part of a multi-player trade that sent him to the Cavaliers. Over the past two seasons, the native of Turkey has played professionally for Anadolu Efes in the EuroLeague. In 35 games last season, he averaged 7.1. points and 2.8 rebounds per game.
Osman is 6-foot-8 and was officially signed by the Cavs during the offseason, with the expectation being that he would contribute at the forward slot. However, the team remains committed to winning another NBA title and may not have the luxury of allowing Osman to develop his game. His future status with the Cavaliers will likely be based on what those other team executives are offering in return.