- John Beilein Says Collin Sexton Is Big Reason Why He Joined Cavs
- Richard Jefferson’s 3 Hilarious Tweets Sum Up Warriors-Blazers Series Perfectly
- Cavs News: Collin Sexton Named to All-Rookie Second Team
- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
Cavs Rumors: Several Teams Inquiring About Cedi Osman
- Updated: September 27, 2017
With Dwyane Wade now a part of the Cleveland Cavaliers roster, the team appears intent on having a strong veteran presence on the court. That may not leave time for some of the newcomers, specifically rookie Cedi Osman, who reportedly could be the subject of some phone calls to the Cavaliers front office.
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) September 27, 2017
The 22-year-old Osman was the 31st overall selection in the 2015 NBA Draft by the Minnesota Timberwolves, but was one part of a multi-player trade that sent him to the Cavaliers. Over the past two seasons, the native of Turkey has played professionally for Anadolu Efes in the EuroLeague. In 35 games last season, he averaged 7.1. points and 2.8 rebounds per game.
Osman is 6-foot-8 and was officially signed by the Cavs during the offseason, with the expectation being that he would contribute at the forward slot. However, the team remains committed to winning another NBA title and may not have the luxury of allowing Osman to develop his game. His future status with the Cavaliers will likely be based on what those other team executives are offering in return.