- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
Video: Iman Shumpert’s Disgusted Reaction When Kevin Durant Joined Warriors
- Updated: September 17, 2017
While many criticized Kevin Durant‘s decision to join the Golden State Warriors back in 2016, it seems to have worked out for him as he is now a defending champion and NBA Finals MVP. That hasn’t stopped both fans and players alike from criticizing the eight-time All-Star, however, including Cleveland Cavaliers guard Iman Shumpert.
Shumpert recently sat down with Complex News’ “Everyday Struggle,” and when the hosts asked if Shumpert was surprised by Durant’s move, he did not mince words.
“When they first did it, I was. I was like, ‘That’s some b——-, man. Y’all (Oklahoma City Thunder) had them down 3-1 (in the 2016 Western Conference Finals) dog, and now you’re gonna go join them people?'”
See Shumpert’s reaction below.
Regardless of what anyone says, Durant’s decision has proven to be a good one. The Warriors are now the class of the NBA and if the Cavs and Warriors meet again in a fourth NBA Finals matchup this season, Durant and company will likely be seen as heavy favorites. Still, it seems like Durant certainly lost some of his fellow players’ respect when he decided that if he couldn’t beat the Warriors, he might as well join them.