- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Video: Iman Shumpert’s Disgusted Reaction When Kevin Durant Joined Warriors
- Updated: September 17, 2017
While many criticized Kevin Durant‘s decision to join the Golden State Warriors back in 2016, it seems to have worked out for him as he is now a defending champion and NBA Finals MVP. That hasn’t stopped both fans and players alike from criticizing the eight-time All-Star, however, including Cleveland Cavaliers guard Iman Shumpert.
Shumpert recently sat down with Complex News’ “Everyday Struggle,” and when the hosts asked if Shumpert was surprised by Durant’s move, he did not mince words.
“When they first did it, I was. I was like, ‘That’s some b——-, man. Y’all (Oklahoma City Thunder) had them down 3-1 (in the 2016 Western Conference Finals) dog, and now you’re gonna go join them people?'”
See Shumpert’s reaction below.
Regardless of what anyone says, Durant’s decision has proven to be a good one. The Warriors are now the class of the NBA and if the Cavs and Warriors meet again in a fourth NBA Finals matchup this season, Durant and company will likely be seen as heavy favorites. Still, it seems like Durant certainly lost some of his fellow players’ respect when he decided that if he couldn’t beat the Warriors, he might as well join them.