- LeBron James identifies himself with Michael Jordan after video of Cavs member trashing him emerges
- Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Andre Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Brooklyn Nets
- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
Isaiah Thomas Reveals Conversation He Had With LeBron James Following Trade
- Updated: September 7, 2017
The chemistry between one of the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ newest acquisitions, Isaiah Thomas, and their most important player, LeBron James, serves as one of the keys to whether or not the team can dethrone the NBA champion Golden State Warriors next June. From one account, the early stages of that experiment are off to a good start.
— Michael Beaven (@MBeavenABJ) September 7, 2017
Thomas said he's texted with LeBron, says "he's excited about playing with the best player in the world." #Cavs
— Tom Withers (@twithersAP) September 7, 2017
Thomas made the comments at his introductory press conference on Thursday, with the “we” reference indicating forward Jae Crowder and center Ante Zizic. Crowder will offer solid defense, while Zizic has potential to contribute, yet remains a wild card in the deal that sent Kyrie Irving to the Boston Celtics. Thomas will have the tall task to replace Irving and will also have the uncertain situation of continuing to rehabilitate his injured hip. However, Thomas showed last season that when healthy, he’s an All-Star performer.
There has been talk that James was discouraged by the prospect of Thomas’ injured hip damaging the chances of the Cavaliers reaching the NBA Finals for a fourth consecutive season. The above tweet would appear to show that James has moved past such thinking and is ready to again lead the challenge of winning the fourth NBA title of his storied career.