- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Video: Gordon Hayward Cracks Joke About LeBron James During Introductory Press Conference
- Updated: September 1, 2017
At one point during the press conference, Hayward spoke about how he and Irving had been interested in playing together in the past. He looked back at when he had visited the Cleveland Cavaliers as a restricted free agent in 2013, joking that LeBron James‘ decision to rejoin the Cavs in 2014 made their need for another talented small forward such as Hayward obsolete.
“I went to Cleveland on a visit when I was restricted free agent and Kyrie came in and you know, was saying how much fun it would be if I was on the team, and you know, kind of recruited me to go there, and then LeBron came and that kind of squashed that whole thing,” he joked. “But it came full circle and here we are now.”
Bleacher Report posted the moment in an recent Instagram video.