- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
- Here’s Why the Cavs Might Still End Up With R.J. Barrett on Draft Night
- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
Video: Gordon Hayward Cracks Joke About LeBron James During Introductory Press Conference
- Updated: September 1, 2017
At one point during the press conference, Hayward spoke about how he and Irving had been interested in playing together in the past. He looked back at when he had visited the Cleveland Cavaliers as a restricted free agent in 2013, joking that LeBron James‘ decision to rejoin the Cavs in 2014 made their need for another talented small forward such as Hayward obsolete.
“I went to Cleveland on a visit when I was restricted free agent and Kyrie came in and you know, was saying how much fun it would be if I was on the team, and you know, kind of recruited me to go there, and then LeBron came and that kind of squashed that whole thing,” he joked. “But it came full circle and here we are now.”
Bleacher Report posted the moment in an recent Instagram video.