- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Video: Gordon Hayward Cracks Joke About LeBron James During Introductory Press Conference
- Updated: September 1, 2017
At one point during the press conference, Hayward spoke about how he and Irving had been interested in playing together in the past. He looked back at when he had visited the Cleveland Cavaliers as a restricted free agent in 2013, joking that LeBron James‘ decision to rejoin the Cavs in 2014 made their need for another talented small forward such as Hayward obsolete.
“I went to Cleveland on a visit when I was restricted free agent and Kyrie came in and you know, was saying how much fun it would be if I was on the team, and you know, kind of recruited me to go there, and then LeBron came and that kind of squashed that whole thing,” he joked. “But it came full circle and here we are now.”
Bleacher Report posted the moment in an recent Instagram video.