- Report: Kevin Love Not Planning to Miss Any More Games Following All-Star Break
- Channing Frye reveals his favorite youngster among promising Duke University trio
- Cavs Coach Compares Draft Prospect Zion Williamson to Hall of Famer
- Report: Cavs Could Have 4 1st-Round Picks by June
- Kevin Durant’s response when asked if he thinks LeBron James is still NBA’s greatest
- Khloe Kardashian Breaks Up With Tristan Thompson After He Allegedly Cheats With Jordyn Woods
- Report: There’s ‘Internal Belief’ That Winning Basketball Could Be Coming Soon for Cavs
- Kirk Cousins Explains Why He ‘Totally Understands’ Why LeBron James Left Cavs
- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
Video: Kyrie Irving Praises LeBron James in Celtics’ Introductory Press Conference
- Updated: September 1, 2017
On Friday, Kyrie Irving was officially introduced as a member of the Boston Celtics. During the press conference, Irving took time to reflect on what playing with LeBron James has taught him over the past three seasons. While he admitted the two have not spoken since Irving was dealt to the Celtics, he had nothing but praise for his former teammate.
CLNS Media Networks’s Mike Petraglia captured most of Irving’s statement.
— Mike Petraglia (@Trags) September 1, 2017
“I haven’t spoken to him (James) and my intent, like I said, was for my best intentions,” Irving began. “To look back at the amount of ground we covered that last three-year span, or even before that because…to really realize how special that was and how much stuff happened in that amount of time, I’d be sitting up here and telling you guys a lie if I didn’t tell you I learned so much from that guy.”
He then continued to reflect on what playing alongside an all-time great like James has taught him.
“The perfection of the craft comes in a variety of forms and you watch, you ask a lot of the great players, ‘What does it take to be great?’ I’ve had the unique opportunity to play with one of the greats and it was awesome,” he said. “When you look back and you’re eternally grateful for the moments you’ve had and shared; you’re able to put peace with that journey and start anew.”
Since the trade, Irving has said all the right things to try and move on from the chaos of last month. While he seems happy in his new situation, only time will tell if it was truly the right decision for the young All-Star.