- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
Iman Shumpert Fires Off Angry Shot at Reporter Claiming He Requested Trade From Cavs
- Updated: August 25, 2017
Earlier today, it had been reported by Dave McMenamin of ESPN.com that Cleveland Cavaliers shooting guard Iman Shumpert had requested a trade from the team, as he was supposedly unhappy with his role in Cleveland.
However now, according to Shumpert himself, McMenamin’s report should be taken with a grain of salt, as the guard dropped this tweet directed at the reporter:
.@mcten since you speaking on me, you can find my number somehow. Get it and call me. I'll be waitin on it. I'm done wit social.
NBA writer Alex Kennedy of Hoops Hype also released some information regarding Shumpert, saying that he did not request a trade and plans to be at a player-organized training camp in Santa Barbara on Sept. 18.
I'm told Iman Shumpert didn't request trade. He heard rumors, but he plans to be at player-organized mini-camp in Santa Barbara on Sept. 18.
— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) August 25, 2017
It’s easy to understand why Shumpert’s frustration has finally reached a tipping point, as his name has been involved in several trade rumors since the start of the offseason.
Shumpert is easily one of the best defenders on a Cavs team lacking in that department, so if he were to indeed be traded, hopefully the Cavs are able to fill that big defensive void.