- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Cavs Rumors: Source Reveals Best Trade Package Celtics Could Offer for Kyrie Irving
- Updated: July 28, 2017
Trade talks have started to heat up between the Cleveland Cavaliers and the many teams interested in acquiring Kyrie Irving. So far, a clear frontrunner has yet to reveal itself, but that could change at any moment. According to Cleveland.com‘s Joe Vardon, the Boston Celtics have the pieces to put themselves in a great position to land the young All-Star.
One fan asked Vardon what he thought the best potential trade option the Cavs could be looking at and he did not disappoint. According to Vardon, league sources have told him that the Cavs could be offered a blockbuster deal from the Boston Celtics.
“A league source said perhaps the best Cleveland could do would be something with Boston, Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, and multiple first-round picks, and then use Thomas to trade for a different piece.” Vardon said.
Considering reports regarding other trade proposals from teams like the Miami Heat and Minnesota Timberwolves, receiving a star player like Thomas, a stout defensive forward like Crowder, and multiple first-rounders in return for Irving would be a huge prize.
While a trade has not come to fruition yet, trade rumors have been bubbling up at a faster and faster pace in recent days, a sign that the Cavaliers may be fielding some real offers that could convince them to deal the disgruntled star.