- LeBron James Sends Outpouring of Birthday Messages to Kevin Love
- Kendrick Perkins Rips Apart Kyle Kuzma, Calls for Dion Waiters to Get More Playing Time
- NBA Executive Doubts Kyrie Irving Will Respect Steve Nash as Head Coach
- Kevin Love Reacts to Ongoing Feud Between Richard Jefferson and Scottie Pippen
- Scottie Pippen Destroys Richard Jefferson for Saying Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘Might Be a Pippen’
- Richard Jefferson Crucifies Giannis Antetokounmpo, Compares Him to Scottie Pippen
- Report: Multiple Cavs Veterans Will Not Participate in Team’s Voluntary Minicamp
- Cavs Fans Livid After Team Decides to Honor Michael Jordan on Iconic Statement Edition Uniforms
- Andre Drummond Goes After Donald Trump Following Latest Attack on NBA Protests
- Richard Jefferson Destroys Giannis Antetokounmpo for Not Guarding Jimmy Butler in Game 1
Video: Dan Gilbert Takes Hilarious Shot at Pacers for Paul George Trade
- Updated: July 26, 2017
While the event was mostly to celebrate Altman’s hiring and speak about his future with the team, it was also the first time the two spoke on record about Kyrie Irving‘s recent trade demand. For the most part, the two kept it as general as possible, acknowledging aspects of the story, but also stating that they expect Irving to be ready for Cavs training camp.
While the two succeeded in maintaining a thick smoke screen for the majority of the press conference, Gilbert couldn’t help but react when the question of attempting to trade for Paul George was brought up.
“I will say that Indiana could have done better than they did,” he stated matter-of-factly.
"Indiana could have done better than they did."
— NBA TV (@NBATV) July 26, 2017
It seems clear that Gilbert believed the deal they offered the Indiana Pacers in return for George was far better than the trade they eventually accepted from the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Only time will tell if the Cavs will be able to get a better return than George on an Irving trade that seems all but inevitable, regardless of what Altman and Gilbert say.