- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
- Report: Darius Garland ‘Feels Snubbed and Disrespected’ by Exclusion From All-Rookie Teams
Report: Kyrie Irving ‘Disgusted’ With LeBron James and His Camp
- Updated: July 24, 2017
The unraveling of Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving‘s relationship with superstar LeBron James is continuing at full force, three days after news about Irving’s request to be traded was made public. On Monday, one report from ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith indicated that Irving was disgusted by what he believes is the work of James’ handlers in leaking the information.
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) July 24, 2017
In addition to the above comments, Smith gave the purported reason for James and his camp to take such a step:
“LeBron James’ people obviously categorically deny such a thing,” Smith said. “But Kyrie Irving’s side of the camp believes that LeBron has put this out because LeBron was a bit perturbed at what he had heard Kyrie Irving told Cleveland Cavaliers management. So it’s clearly a dysfunctional situation right now, and it appears to be going south.”
Irving and Cavaliers team owner Dan Gilbert met on July 7, which was when Irving specifically asked to be traded to one of four teams. Prior to last Friday’s news, Irving hadn’t informed James of that request, though he had contacted other members of the Cavs, with one of the stated reasons for Irving’s request when the announcement was made being his reported wish to no longer play in the shadow of James.
Regardless of Smith’s usual hyperbole about any situation, the Cavaliers are presently looking into possible deals for Irving, with new general manager Koby Altman and Gilbert reportedly doing much of the leg work.