- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Likely to Re-Sign Sharpshooter Kyle Korver
- Updated: June 17, 2017
With the Cavs already way over the salary cap, it will be difficult finding a replacement for somebody of Korver’s talent on the free-agent market. The Cavs have Korver’s Bird rights, which basically means they can go above the salary cap to re-sign him.
The veteran sharpshooter averaged 10.7 points on 48.7 percent shooting from the floor and 48.5 percent shooting from three-point land last season.
In other news, according to Vardon, the Cavs are unlikely to bring back veteran point guard Deron Williams because the most they could offer him is the $5.1 million exception. Vardon states that the point guard is likely to seek a better deal elsewhere.