- Report: Multiple Celtics Players Don’t Make Trip to Cleveland to Face Cavs
- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
7 Records and Milestones LeBron James Shattered in First-Round Sweep of Pacers
- Updated: April 24, 2017
The postseason career of Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James has been one that’s seen him be a part of three championship teams, while compiling a collection of eye-opening records. That consistency continued in the Cavs’ sweep of the Indiana Pacers on Sunday, with three marks falling by the wayside and four other milestones being achieved in the process.
1. Most Consecutive First-Round Victories
— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) April 23, 2017
Getting off to a good start in the playoffs has become a tradition with James, who surpassed a trio of legendary Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday to collect his 21st straight first-round playoff victory. He now sits atop the list of players whose teams have won the most first-round playoff games in a row.
Prior to completing the sweep of Indiana, James was deadlocked in a four-way tie with the Laker triumvirate of Magic Johnson, James Worthy and Michael Cooper. Each had 20 straight wins, with James having begun the eye-opening streak in Game 5 of the 2012 playoffs against the New York Knicks.
Next: Most Best-of-7 Sweeps