- Tristan Thompson Says City of Cleveland Has Best Sports Fans
- Report: Kevin Love and Charlamagne tha God to Collaborate on Mental Health Talk
- Report: Cavs From 2016 Championship Team Wore Rings for Fred McLeod’s Funeral
- Cleveland Indians Honor Fred McLeod With Moment of Silence Before Game
- J.R. Smith Pays Respect to Shaun Livingston After He Announces Retirement
- Report: Cavs Insider Ranks Team’s 5 Most Valuable Trade Pieces
- Sports Illustrated Ranks Kevin Love in Top 50 of Best NBA Players of 2020 List
- Ben Simmons Clowns Darius Garland’s NBA 2K20 Player via Social Media
- Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Pens Emotional Statement After Passing of Fred McLeod
- Austin Carr Can’t Hold Back Tears When Discussing Partnership With Fred McLeod
Denver Nuggets Rookie’s Hilarious Reaction When Told to Guard LeBron James for First Time
- Updated: March 14, 2017
Going up against Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James, even for the most seasoned veterans can present a challenge. For Denver Nuggets power forward Juan Hernangomez, some early success resulted in reality soon setting in for the rookie.
Hernangomez spoke with Harrison Wind of BSN Denver a few days after he had faced James for the first time during a Feb. 11 Cavaliers-Nuggets game:
Juancho: "First time coach said you got LeBron, I said 'oh my god.' First ball in the low post I stole it so I think he may be angry at me." pic.twitter.com/Zqzqc228Tj
— Harrison Wind (@NBAWind) February 14, 2017
With James having been named the NBA’s Most Valuable Player four times and winning NBA Finals MVP three, his stature around the world was long established before Hernangomez even entered the league. Even from afar, the rookie offered an astute assessment of James:
“He’s probably the best player in the world for the past 15 years,” Hernangomez said.
The Denver rookie will get another chance to face James when the Cavaliers travel to Denver for a game on Mar. 22.