- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Denver Nuggets Rookie’s Hilarious Reaction When Told to Guard LeBron James for First Time
- Updated: March 14, 2017
Going up against Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James, even for the most seasoned veterans can present a challenge. For Denver Nuggets power forward Juan Hernangomez, some early success resulted in reality soon setting in for the rookie.
Hernangomez spoke with Harrison Wind of BSN Denver a few days after he had faced James for the first time during a Feb. 11 Cavaliers-Nuggets game:
Juancho: "First time coach said you got LeBron, I said 'oh my god.' First ball in the low post I stole it so I think he may be angry at me." pic.twitter.com/Zqzqc228Tj
— Harrison Wind (@NBAWind) February 14, 2017
With James having been named the NBA’s Most Valuable Player four times and winning NBA Finals MVP three, his stature around the world was long established before Hernangomez even entered the league. Even from afar, the rookie offered an astute assessment of James:
“He’s probably the best player in the world for the past 15 years,” Hernangomez said.
The Denver rookie will get another chance to face James when the Cavaliers travel to Denver for a game on Mar. 22.