- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Report: Cleveland Cavaliers to Sign Larry Sanders for Rest of 2016-17 Season
- Updated: March 13, 2017
According to Shams Charania of The Vertical, free agent big man Larry Sanders has agreed to sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers for the rest of the 2016-17 NBA season, with a likely option for the 2017-18 season.
Larry Sanders has agreed on a deal to make NBA return with the Cavaliers, w/ likely 2017-18 option date, league sources tell @TheVertical.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) March 13, 2017
The center will fill the 15th roster spot that opened when center Andrew Bogut fractured his tibia.
Both Sanders and his agent, Joel Bell, are in Cleveland to take a physical on Monday. According to sources from ESPN, the Cavaliers plan to waive Bogut upon completion of Sanders’ physical.
The 28-year-old big man has been out of the league for two years, but has shown an ability to be a defensive stalwart when motivated. Sanders holds career averages of 6.5 points, 5.8 rebounds and 1.8 blocks per game and will bring a much-needed defensive presence inside the paint behind center Tristan Thompson.