- Andre Drummond offers powerful message of support after Kevin Porter Jr. rejoins Cavs
- Former Cavs big man emphatically predicts team will trade Andre Drummond
- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
Report: Cleveland Cavaliers to Sign Larry Sanders for Rest of 2016-17 Season
- Updated: March 13, 2017
According to Shams Charania of The Vertical, free agent big man Larry Sanders has agreed to sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers for the rest of the 2016-17 NBA season, with a likely option for the 2017-18 season.
Larry Sanders has agreed on a deal to make NBA return with the Cavaliers, w/ likely 2017-18 option date, league sources tell @TheVertical.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) March 13, 2017
The center will fill the 15th roster spot that opened when center Andrew Bogut fractured his tibia.
Both Sanders and his agent, Joel Bell, are in Cleveland to take a physical on Monday. According to sources from ESPN, the Cavaliers plan to waive Bogut upon completion of Sanders’ physical.
The 28-year-old big man has been out of the league for two years, but has shown an ability to be a defensive stalwart when motivated. Sanders holds career averages of 6.5 points, 5.8 rebounds and 1.8 blocks per game and will bring a much-needed defensive presence inside the paint behind center Tristan Thompson.