- J.R. Smith Shows Growth and Maturity as He Avoids Airport Altercation
- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers to Eliminate Cavaliers Girls Starting Next Season
- Tristan Thompson Supports LeBron James at His Brand New Clothing Launch
- Former Cavs Teammate Defends LeBron, Still Has ‘Full Trust’ He Will Lead Lakers to Championship
- Report: John Beilein Will Look to Improve Collin Sexton’s Efficiency
- Larry Nance Jr. Says Collin Sexton Should Have Made All-Rookie First Team
- Dan Gilbert Believes Kyrie Irving Will Leave Boston Celtics
- Dan Gilbert Speaks on LeBron James: ‘It All Revolves Around the Sun, Which Is Him’
- John Beilein Says Collin Sexton Is Big Reason Why He Joined Cavs
- Richard Jefferson’s 3 Hilarious Tweets Sum Up Warriors-Blazers Series Perfectly
Report: Cleveland Cavaliers to Sign Larry Sanders for Rest of 2016-17 Season
- Updated: March 13, 2017
According to Shams Charania of The Vertical, free agent big man Larry Sanders has agreed to sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers for the rest of the 2016-17 NBA season, with a likely option for the 2017-18 season.
Larry Sanders has agreed on a deal to make NBA return with the Cavaliers, w/ likely 2017-18 option date, league sources tell @TheVertical.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) March 13, 2017
The center will fill the 15th roster spot that opened when center Andrew Bogut fractured his tibia.
Both Sanders and his agent, Joel Bell, are in Cleveland to take a physical on Monday. According to sources from ESPN, the Cavaliers plan to waive Bogut upon completion of Sanders’ physical.
The 28-year-old big man has been out of the league for two years, but has shown an ability to be a defensive stalwart when motivated. Sanders holds career averages of 6.5 points, 5.8 rebounds and 1.8 blocks per game and will bring a much-needed defensive presence inside the paint behind center Tristan Thompson.