- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Cavs News: Deron Williams to Sign With Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday
- Updated: February 25, 2017
Williams, 32, was bought out by the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday and recently cleared waivers Saturday.
The former Utah Jazz point guard will make an excellent fit as a backup point guard on a Cavs roster that desperately needed an additional playmaker.
Williams holds career averages of 16.6 points and 8.2 assists per game.
It’s still unknown as to what type of contract the Cavs plan to sign Williams to, however, it is likely to be a rest-of-season contract. If so, the contract would be worth $410,733 and it’d cost the Cavs $908,340 including luxury taxes.