- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Cavs News: Deron Williams to Sign With Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday
- Updated: February 25, 2017
Williams, 32, was bought out by the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday and recently cleared waivers Saturday.
The former Utah Jazz point guard will make an excellent fit as a backup point guard on a Cavs roster that desperately needed an additional playmaker.
Williams holds career averages of 16.6 points and 8.2 assists per game.
It’s still unknown as to what type of contract the Cavs plan to sign Williams to, however, it is likely to be a rest-of-season contract. If so, the contract would be worth $410,733 and it’d cost the Cavs $908,340 including luxury taxes.