- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
Cavs News: Cavaliers Officially Sign Deron Williams, Expected to Make Debut Wednesday
- Updated: February 28, 2017
It’s now official.
According to Cleveland Cavaliers General Manager David Griffin, the Cavs have signed point guard Deron Williams. The signing will cost the team $908,431, bringing the its payroll to over $126.9 million.
“At the end of the day I felt like this was the best team for me,” Williams said in regards to choosing the Cavs over all other teams. “I felt like I would have a significant role here”
The three-time All-Star will wear No. 31 due to it being his first high school number and being that 8 and 5 were already taken.
Deron Williams will wear #31 for the Cavs, according to @twithersAP.
Interesting number choice.
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) February 27, 2017
Williams is expected to make his debut on Wednesday against the Boston Celtics.
LeBron is playing tonight. No Deron Williams. Likely Wednesday for him.
— Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydNBA) February 27, 2017