- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
Cavs News: Cavaliers Officially Sign Deron Williams, Expected to Make Debut Wednesday
- Updated: February 28, 2017
It’s now official.
According to Cleveland Cavaliers General Manager David Griffin, the Cavs have signed point guard Deron Williams. The signing will cost the team $908,431, bringing the its payroll to over $126.9 million.
“At the end of the day I felt like this was the best team for me,” Williams said in regards to choosing the Cavs over all other teams. “I felt like I would have a significant role here”
The three-time All-Star will wear No. 31 due to it being his first high school number and being that 8 and 5 were already taken.
Deron Williams will wear #31 for the Cavs, according to @twithersAP.
Interesting number choice.
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) February 27, 2017
Williams is expected to make his debut on Wednesday against the Boston Celtics.
LeBron is playing tonight. No Deron Williams. Likely Wednesday for him.
— Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydNBA) February 27, 2017