- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Forward Derrick Williams to 10-Day Contract
- Updated: February 9, 2017
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) February 9, 2017
Williams became an unrestricted free agent on Wednesday after going unclaimed on waivers. He had played 25 games with the Miami Heat before being released.
The second overall draft pick in the 2011 NBA Draft averaged 5.9 points and 2.9 rebounds in his 25 games with the Heat, starting in 11 of them.
The 10-day deal, which counts for $57,672 against the Cleveland’s cap, provides Williams with some flexibility in case the Cavaliers decide to make an impactful trade before the Feb. 23 trade deadline. The Cavs are currently in a luxury-tax tier that applies a $2.50 tax charge for every dollar spent, so Williams’ contract will add more than $144k to the team’s year-end bill.