- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Forward Derrick Williams to 10-Day Contract
- Updated: February 9, 2017
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) February 9, 2017
Williams became an unrestricted free agent on Wednesday after going unclaimed on waivers. He had played 25 games with the Miami Heat before being released.
The second overall draft pick in the 2011 NBA Draft averaged 5.9 points and 2.9 rebounds in his 25 games with the Heat, starting in 11 of them.
The 10-day deal, which counts for $57,672 against the Cleveland’s cap, provides Williams with some flexibility in case the Cavaliers decide to make an impactful trade before the Feb. 23 trade deadline. The Cavs are currently in a luxury-tax tier that applies a $2.50 tax charge for every dollar spent, so Williams’ contract will add more than $144k to the team’s year-end bill.