- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
Cavs News: Kyrie Irving Among Eight Participants in 2017 Three-Point Contest
- Updated: February 3, 2017
Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving is looking to build on his 2013 Foot Locker Three-Point Contest victory as he has officially entered his name into the 2017 JBL Three-Point Contest at All-Star Weekend in New Orleans, LA.
The NBA officially announced the contest’s participants on Thursday as Irving will be joined by seven other long-range snipers including Eric Gordon of the Houston Rockets, Kyle Lowry of the Toronto Raptors, Wesley Matthews of the Dallas Mavericks, C.J. McCollum of the Portland Trail Blazers, Klay Thompson of the Golden State Warriors, Kemba Walker of the Charlotte Hornets, and Nick Young of the Los Angeles Lakers.
Irving is shooting a blistering 39.5 percent from three-point range this season and is sinking a career-high 2.4 3-pointers per game with his most heralded trey coming in last year’s NBA Finals against Thompson’s Warriors.
The contest will be held at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, Feb. 18 at Smoothie King Center and will be nationally televised on TNT.