- Klay Thompson Says He Knew Warriors Were Going to Sweep ‘Defeated’ Cavs
- Nik Stauskas ‘Super Excited’ Koby Altman Brought Him Back to Cavs Organization
- Ranking the 5 Worst Cleveland Cavaliers Teams of All Time
- Report: Cavs Sign Guard Nik Stauskas to Deal for Rest of Season
- Channing Frye Notes Hilarious Pet Peeve Richard Jefferson Used to Have About Him
- Report: Cavs Have Added Monster Amount of Money to Payroll Since LeBron’s Departure
- Kevin Love Shares Inspirational Message Following First Game Back From Injury
- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Make Long-Awaited Return Tonight vs. Washington Wizards
- LeBron James on Game 7 vs. Boston Celtics Last Year: ‘I Damn Near Killed Myself That Day’
- Report: Cavs Release Huge Update Regarding Kevin Love’s Return
Report: Frontrunner Emerges as Cavs Expected to Obtain Backup Point Guard Within Next Week
- Updated: January 6, 2017
As the Cleveland Cavaliers continue their quest to find a suitable backup point guard to relieve the duties of superstar Kyrie Irving, three names have been constantly emerging: Jarrett Jack, Mario Chalmers, and Norris Cole.
“The Cavs are also working on obtaining a backup point guard sometime within the next week, with free agent Mario Chalmers believed to be the frontrunner. Free agent and former Cavs guard Jarrett Jack is also said to be in play, as are several others.”
Signing Chalmers makes sense, he already has some established chemistry with former teammate LeBron James. The two formerly played on a Miami Heat team (2010-2014) that won two NBA championships and went to the NBA Finals four consecutive times.
Chalmers holds career averages of 9.0 points and 3.8 assists on 42.1 shooting from the field. The one caveat with the point guard, however, is that he is still rehabilitating from a recent ruptured Achilles.
Nonetheless, the Cavs have a glaring hole at the backup point guard position and the already-proven Chalmers could be the missing piece.