- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Report: Frontrunner Emerges as Cavs Expected to Obtain Backup Point Guard Within Next Week
- Updated: January 6, 2017
As the Cleveland Cavaliers continue their quest to find a suitable backup point guard to relieve the duties of superstar Kyrie Irving, three names have been constantly emerging: Jarrett Jack, Mario Chalmers, and Norris Cole.
“The Cavs are also working on obtaining a backup point guard sometime within the next week, with free agent Mario Chalmers believed to be the frontrunner. Free agent and former Cavs guard Jarrett Jack is also said to be in play, as are several others.”
Signing Chalmers makes sense, he already has some established chemistry with former teammate LeBron James. The two formerly played on a Miami Heat team (2010-2014) that won two NBA championships and went to the NBA Finals four consecutive times.
Chalmers holds career averages of 9.0 points and 3.8 assists on 42.1 shooting from the field. The one caveat with the point guard, however, is that he is still rehabilitating from a recent ruptured Achilles.
Nonetheless, the Cavs have a glaring hole at the backup point guard position and the already-proven Chalmers could be the missing piece.