- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
Video: LeBron James Speaks on Cavs’ Desperate Need for Backup Point Guard
- Updated: January 5, 2017
Currently, the Cavs’ only true backup point guard is rookie Kay Felder, who is averaging just 1.7 assists over the last three games in the absence of Irving. The team has experimented with both DeAndre Liggins and Iman Shumpert at the position, however, a true pass-first point guard is what the Cavs desperately seek.
Last season, the Cavs had Matthew Dellavedova relieving Irving at the point guard position, as the gritty 6’4″ guard averaged 4.4 assists in 24.6 minutes of action. However, the team has yet to find a suitable replacement 34 games into the season.
Cavs superstar LeBron James spoke about the pressing need for a reserve point guard after the Cavs’ 106-94 loss to the Chicago Bulls on Wednesday night.
— Matt Medley (@MedleyHoops) January 5, 2017