- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
- Jordan Clarkson Becomes 1st Cavs Player to Accomplish Surprising Feat This Season
- Video: Marquese Chriss Obliterates Brooklyn Nets Defender With Nasty Poster Dunk
- Derrick Rose Admits to ‘Spying’ on LeBron James While He Was on Cavs
- Cavs News: Cedi Osman and Ante Zizic to Return Tonight vs. Brooklyn Nets
- Cavs News: Kevin Love Out Tonight vs. Brooklyn Nets
Video: LeBron James Speaks on Cavs’ Desperate Need for Backup Point Guard
- Updated: January 5, 2017
Currently, the Cavs’ only true backup point guard is rookie Kay Felder, who is averaging just 1.7 assists over the last three games in the absence of Irving. The team has experimented with both DeAndre Liggins and Iman Shumpert at the position, however, a true pass-first point guard is what the Cavs desperately seek.
Last season, the Cavs had Matthew Dellavedova relieving Irving at the point guard position, as the gritty 6’4″ guard averaged 4.4 assists in 24.6 minutes of action. However, the team has yet to find a suitable replacement 34 games into the season.
Cavs superstar LeBron James spoke about the pressing need for a reserve point guard after the Cavs’ 106-94 loss to the Chicago Bulls on Wednesday night.
— Matt Medley (@MedleyHoops) January 5, 2017