- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Report: Isaiah Thomas Took Lead in Calling Out Kevin Love During Team Meeting
- Updated: January 23, 2018
The mystery surrounding the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ Monday team meeting in which forward Kevin Love was confronted by teammates left uncertain which of the Cavs were the most vocal in their criticism of the veteran. However, the leader of the group appears to be one of the team’s newest members, point guard Isaiah Thomas.
Frank Isola of the New York Daily News reported on Tuesday afternoon:
“A source told The News that Isaiah Thomas led the charge against Love, who turned up ill for Saturday’s embarrassing loss to Oklahoma City and went home after playing just three minutes.”
Love also missed the scheduled Sunday practice, which apparently sparked even more anger from Thomas and his teammates.
The fiery Thomas returned three weeks ago after having missed the first two months of the season while continuing to rehabilitate a injured hip. The 5-foot-9 guard is hoping to land a major contract during the offseason, with this conflict no doubt raising speculation as to whether he’ll re-sign with the Cavaliers.
The Cavaliers have struggled over the last month, having dropped nine of their last 12 games. Getting back on track over the next three months will require smoothing this issue over as the team seeks to go to the NBA Finals for the fourth year in a row.