- Report: Multiple Celtics Players Don’t Make Trip to Cleveland to Face Cavs
- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
Report: Isaiah Thomas Took Lead in Calling Out Kevin Love During Team Meeting
- Updated: January 23, 2018
The mystery surrounding the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ Monday team meeting in which forward Kevin Love was confronted by teammates left uncertain which of the Cavs were the most vocal in their criticism of the veteran. However, the leader of the group appears to be one of the team’s newest members, point guard Isaiah Thomas.
Frank Isola of the New York Daily News reported on Tuesday afternoon:
“A source told The News that Isaiah Thomas led the charge against Love, who turned up ill for Saturday’s embarrassing loss to Oklahoma City and went home after playing just three minutes.”
Love also missed the scheduled Sunday practice, which apparently sparked even more anger from Thomas and his teammates.
The fiery Thomas returned three weeks ago after having missed the first two months of the season while continuing to rehabilitate a injured hip. The 5-foot-9 guard is hoping to land a major contract during the offseason, with this conflict no doubt raising speculation as to whether he’ll re-sign with the Cavaliers.
The Cavaliers have struggled over the last month, having dropped nine of their last 12 games. Getting back on track over the next three months will require smoothing this issue over as the team seeks to go to the NBA Finals for the fourth year in a row.