- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
Report: Isaiah Thomas Took Lead in Calling Out Kevin Love During Team Meeting
- Updated: January 23, 2018
The mystery surrounding the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ Monday team meeting in which forward Kevin Love was confronted by teammates left uncertain which of the Cavs were the most vocal in their criticism of the veteran. However, the leader of the group appears to be one of the team’s newest members, point guard Isaiah Thomas.
Frank Isola of the New York Daily News reported on Tuesday afternoon:
“A source told The News that Isaiah Thomas led the charge against Love, who turned up ill for Saturday’s embarrassing loss to Oklahoma City and went home after playing just three minutes.”
Love also missed the scheduled Sunday practice, which apparently sparked even more anger from Thomas and his teammates.
The fiery Thomas returned three weeks ago after having missed the first two months of the season while continuing to rehabilitate a injured hip. The 5-foot-9 guard is hoping to land a major contract during the offseason, with this conflict no doubt raising speculation as to whether he’ll re-sign with the Cavaliers.
The Cavaliers have struggled over the last month, having dropped nine of their last 12 games. Getting back on track over the next three months will require smoothing this issue over as the team seeks to go to the NBA Finals for the fourth year in a row.