- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Video: LeBron James and Lil Yachty Star in New, Mind-Boggling Ad for Sprite
- Updated: October 13, 2016
While LeBron James signed a three-year extension with the Cleveland Cavaliers this past summer for approximately $100 million, his endorsement money is just as lucrative. One of his endorsement deals is with Sprite and his latest commercial is an amusing take on the power of suggestion and reverse psychology.
The online magazine, First We Feast, gave an overview of the 60-second ad, with James speaking about his unwillingness to give the drink a heavy marketing push. As he continues to mention the product, hip-hop recording artist Lil Yachty can be heard singing about the product. Meanwhile, bottles of Sprite are seen and party-goers are pictured drinking it.
The ad was shot during James’ busy offseason that was primarily spent in the Los Angeles area. With the 2016-17 campaign set to begin, James day job will certainly take precedence.