- Former Cavs Teammate Defends LeBron, Still Has ‘Full Trust’ He Will Lead Lakers to Championship
- Report: John Beilein Will Look to Improve Collin Sexton’s Efficiency
- Larry Nance Jr. Says Collin Sexton Should Have Made All-Rookie First Team
- Dan Gilbert Believes Kyrie Irving Will Leave Boston Celtics
- Dan Gilbert Speaks on LeBron James: ‘It All Revolves Around the Sun, Which Is Him’
- John Beilein Says Collin Sexton Is Big Reason Why He Joined Cavs
- Richard Jefferson’s 3 Hilarious Tweets Sum Up Warriors-Blazers Series Perfectly
- Cavs News: Collin Sexton Named to All-Rookie Second Team
- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
Cavs Rumors: Boston Celtics Interested in Signing J.R. Smith
- Updated: October 9, 2016
Smith, an unrestricted free agent, is reportedly being looked at by a few teams including the Cavs’ Eastern Conference rival Boston Celtics, according to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.
However, Isola noted that the Celtics most likely would need to clear a good amount of cap space in order to sign the 31-year-old shooting guard.
The Celtics would improve greatly with the addition of Smith, as Boston was the third-worst shooting team from behind the arc last season at just 33.5 percent.
During the 2015-16 regular season, Smith averaged 12.4 points per game and shot 40 percent from 3-point range.