- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
- Report: Darius Garland ‘Feels Snubbed and Disrespected’ by Exclusion From All-Rookie Teams
Cavs Rumors: Boston Celtics Interested in Signing J.R. Smith
- Updated: October 9, 2016
Smith, an unrestricted free agent, is reportedly being looked at by a few teams including the Cavs’ Eastern Conference rival Boston Celtics, according to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.
However, Isola noted that the Celtics most likely would need to clear a good amount of cap space in order to sign the 31-year-old shooting guard.
The Celtics would improve greatly with the addition of Smith, as Boston was the third-worst shooting team from behind the arc last season at just 33.5 percent.
During the 2015-16 regular season, Smith averaged 12.4 points per game and shot 40 percent from 3-point range.