- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Cavs Rumors: Boston Celtics Interested in Signing J.R. Smith
- Updated: October 9, 2016
Smith, an unrestricted free agent, is reportedly being looked at by a few teams including the Cavs’ Eastern Conference rival Boston Celtics, according to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.
However, Isola noted that the Celtics most likely would need to clear a good amount of cap space in order to sign the 31-year-old shooting guard.
The Celtics would improve greatly with the addition of Smith, as Boston was the third-worst shooting team from behind the arc last season at just 33.5 percent.
During the 2015-16 regular season, Smith averaged 12.4 points per game and shot 40 percent from 3-point range.