- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Cavs Rumors: Boston Celtics Interested in Signing J.R. Smith
- Updated: October 9, 2016
Smith, an unrestricted free agent, is reportedly being looked at by a few teams including the Cavs’ Eastern Conference rival Boston Celtics, according to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.
However, Isola noted that the Celtics most likely would need to clear a good amount of cap space in order to sign the 31-year-old shooting guard.
The Celtics would improve greatly with the addition of Smith, as Boston was the third-worst shooting team from behind the arc last season at just 33.5 percent.
During the 2015-16 regular season, Smith averaged 12.4 points per game and shot 40 percent from 3-point range.