- Report: Multiple Celtics Players Don’t Make Trip to Cleveland to Face Cavs
- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
Cavs Rumors: Boston Celtics Interested in Signing J.R. Smith
- Updated: October 9, 2016
Smith, an unrestricted free agent, is reportedly being looked at by a few teams including the Cavs’ Eastern Conference rival Boston Celtics, according to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.
However, Isola noted that the Celtics most likely would need to clear a good amount of cap space in order to sign the 31-year-old shooting guard.
The Celtics would improve greatly with the addition of Smith, as Boston was the third-worst shooting team from behind the arc last season at just 33.5 percent.
During the 2015-16 regular season, Smith averaged 12.4 points per game and shot 40 percent from 3-point range.