- Kevin Love Explains Why He’s Still Waiting for First ‘Big Win’ of Season
- Klay Thompson Says He Knew Warriors Were Going to Sweep ‘Defeated’ Cavs
- Nik Stauskas ‘Super Excited’ Koby Altman Brought Him Back to Cavs Organization
- Ranking the 5 Worst Cleveland Cavaliers Teams of All Time
- Report: Cavs Sign Guard Nik Stauskas to Deal for Rest of Season
- Channing Frye Notes Hilarious Pet Peeve Richard Jefferson Used to Have About Him
- Report: Cavs Have Added Monster Amount of Money to Payroll Since LeBron’s Departure
- Kevin Love Shares Inspirational Message Following First Game Back From Injury
- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Make Long-Awaited Return Tonight vs. Washington Wizards
- LeBron James on Game 7 vs. Boston Celtics Last Year: ‘I Damn Near Killed Myself That Day’
Video: Kyrie Irving Debuts ‘Ankletaker’ Shirt via Snapchat
- Updated: October 6, 2016
Taking a cue from teammates LeBron James and Kevin Love, Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving has decided to acknowledge one of his most impressive skills by invoking the name a wrestler from the WWE.
Def Pen Hoops posted a brief 10-second video from Irving’s Snapchat account that shows him wearing a particular shirt. On that shirt is a drawing of himself dressed up as WWE wrestler “The Undertaker,” though Irving’s shirt displays his new adopted nickname, “Ankletaker.” The nickname is in tribute to Irving’s ability to effectively “break” the ankles of other players that attempt to guard him.
— Def Pen Hoops (@DefPenHoops) October 6, 2016
Love had previously displayed a WWE championship belt after the Cavs won the NBA title in June. Meanwhile, James was seen wearing an Undertaker shirt prior to Game 5 of the NBA Finals and an Ultimate Warrior shirt upon the team’s triumphant arrival back in Cleveland after winning Game 7 to complete a comeback from a 3-1 deficit.
Irving is still looking to break his first opponent’s ankle during the preseason after sitting out the team’s opener on Wednesday night. That could come in Saturday’s second clash against the Philadelphia 76ers, though fans should be more concerned with him being in the lineup for the October 25 opener against the New York Knicks.