- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Cavs News: Kyrie Irving to Sit out Wednesday vs. Orlando Magic
- Updated: October 4, 2016
While the Cleveland Cavaliers will be starting their preseason schedule at Quicken Loans Arena on Wednesday night, one notable name won’t take part in the matchup against the Orlando Magic. That player is starting point guard Kyrie Irving, though Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue was quick to note that all players in camp are healthy.
News of Irving’s absence was forwarded in a tweet by Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.net, who also noted that LeBron James will compete for at least a short period of time.
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) October 4, 2016
The last time Irving took the court for the Cavs during the preseason was two years ago. Last season, he was in month four of his six-month rehabilitation from a fractured kneecap and didn’t officially enter a game until December 20.
Rust certainly isn’t a problem for Irving, who spent the summer as part of the United States men’s national basketball team in Rio. While not saying anything about Irving’s past problems with injuries, Cleveland’s coaching staff is undoubtedly not going to press their luck in a meaningless exhibition game.
There was no word on whether Irving would play in the Cavaliers’ second preseason clash on Saturday night at home against the Philadelphia 76ers.