- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
- Here’s Why the Cavs Might Still End Up With R.J. Barrett on Draft Night
- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
Cavs News: Cavaliers to Sign Free Agent Guard Markel Brown
- Updated: September 6, 2016
Sources: Brooklyn free agent Markel Brown has agreed to a deal with Cleveland. Brown is among Cavs' camp invites to battle for open spots.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) September 6, 2016
Brown will have the opportunity to compete for a spot on the team’s 15-man roster, as the Cavs currently have just 12 fully guaranteed contracts.
Guard J.R. Smith appears likely to sign a contract with the team at some point, so Brown will essentially be competing with DeAndre Liggins, Jordan McRae, and Cory Jefferson for a roster spot on the team.
The 24-year-old guard has spent the last two seasons with the Brooklyn Nets, averaging 5.3 PPG, 2.1 RPG, and 1.2 APG in 109 total games with the team.