- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Cavs News: Cavaliers to Sign Free Agent Guard Markel Brown
- Updated: September 6, 2016
Sources: Brooklyn free agent Markel Brown has agreed to a deal with Cleveland. Brown is among Cavs' camp invites to battle for open spots.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) September 6, 2016
Brown will have the opportunity to compete for a spot on the team’s 15-man roster, as the Cavs currently have just 12 fully guaranteed contracts.
Guard J.R. Smith appears likely to sign a contract with the team at some point, so Brown will essentially be competing with DeAndre Liggins, Jordan McRae, and Cory Jefferson for a roster spot on the team.
The 24-year-old guard has spent the last two seasons with the Brooklyn Nets, averaging 5.3 PPG, 2.1 RPG, and 1.2 APG in 109 total games with the team.