- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
Cavs News: Cavaliers to Sign Free Agent Guard Markel Brown
- Updated: September 6, 2016
Sources: Brooklyn free agent Markel Brown has agreed to a deal with Cleveland. Brown is among Cavs' camp invites to battle for open spots.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) September 6, 2016
Brown will have the opportunity to compete for a spot on the team’s 15-man roster, as the Cavs currently have just 12 fully guaranteed contracts.
Guard J.R. Smith appears likely to sign a contract with the team at some point, so Brown will essentially be competing with DeAndre Liggins, Jordan McRae, and Cory Jefferson for a roster spot on the team.
The 24-year-old guard has spent the last two seasons with the Brooklyn Nets, averaging 5.3 PPG, 2.1 RPG, and 1.2 APG in 109 total games with the team.