- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
Cavs News: Cory Jefferson Agrees to Deal With Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: September 1, 2016
Source: Cory Jefferson agreed to deal with Cavaliers. Hearing Eric Moreland is also a training camp target.
— David Pick (@IAmDPick) August 31, 2016
The contract details were not officially disclosed, but it is likely that the contract is an invitation to training camp with an opportunity to make the final Cavs roster. If Jefferson does not make the final roster, he will likely be given a chance to head to the team’s D-League affiliate.
Jefferson was a member of the Pheonix Suns last year and appeared in eight games while averaging 2.8 points with 2.0 rebounds in just over six minutes per game. He also appeared in 50 games with the Brooklyn Nets in 2014-15 where he averaged 3.7 points in just over 10 minutes per game.
The Cavs got a close look at Jefferson this summer, where the 25-year-old was a member of the Cavs’ Summer League team. He averaged 5.1 points and 5.3 rebounds in 13.1 minutes during that time.
Jefferson was initially drafted as the No. 60 overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft by the San Antonio Spurs.