- LeBron James identifies himself with Michael Jordan after video of Cavs member trashing him emerges
- Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Andre Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Brooklyn Nets
- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
Cavs News: Cory Jefferson Agrees to Deal With Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: September 1, 2016
Source: Cory Jefferson agreed to deal with Cavaliers. Hearing Eric Moreland is also a training camp target.
— David Pick (@IAmDPick) August 31, 2016
The contract details were not officially disclosed, but it is likely that the contract is an invitation to training camp with an opportunity to make the final Cavs roster. If Jefferson does not make the final roster, he will likely be given a chance to head to the team’s D-League affiliate.
Jefferson was a member of the Pheonix Suns last year and appeared in eight games while averaging 2.8 points with 2.0 rebounds in just over six minutes per game. He also appeared in 50 games with the Brooklyn Nets in 2014-15 where he averaged 3.7 points in just over 10 minutes per game.
The Cavs got a close look at Jefferson this summer, where the 25-year-old was a member of the Cavs’ Summer League team. He averaged 5.1 points and 5.3 rebounds in 13.1 minutes during that time.
Jefferson was initially drafted as the No. 60 overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft by the San Antonio Spurs.