- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
Cavs News: Tristan Thompson to Play for Canadian National Team
- Updated: June 27, 2016
According to Chris Haynes of Cleveland.com, Cleveland Cavaliers forward Tristan Thompson will be representing the Canadian National Team with the hopes of qualifying for the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil this summer.
Team Canada placed third at the FIBA America’s Championship last summer, securing them a spot in the Olympic qualifying tournament. Starting on July 4, there will be a total of three tournaments, with the winning team at each event grabbing a spot in the 2016 Olympics.
Thompson is expected to be joined by NBA players Cory Joseph, Tyler Ennis, and Joel Anthony.
Thompson had a monster NBA Finals this year as he averaged a double-double: 10.3 points and 10.1 rebounds to aide his team to its first ever NBA title.