- Cavs superstar Kevin Love seen working out in New York with renowned trainer
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
Cavs News: Tristan Thompson to Play for Canadian National Team
- Updated: June 27, 2016
According to Chris Haynes of Cleveland.com, Cleveland Cavaliers forward Tristan Thompson will be representing the Canadian National Team with the hopes of qualifying for the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil this summer.
Team Canada placed third at the FIBA America’s Championship last summer, securing them a spot in the Olympic qualifying tournament. Starting on July 4, there will be a total of three tournaments, with the winning team at each event grabbing a spot in the 2016 Olympics.
Thompson is expected to be joined by NBA players Cory Joseph, Tyler Ennis, and Joel Anthony.
Thompson had a monster NBA Finals this year as he averaged a double-double: 10.3 points and 10.1 rebounds to aide his team to its first ever NBA title.