- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Cavs News: Iman Shumpert Expected to Return Friday vs. Toronto Raptors
- Updated: February 26, 2016
That news, from Chris Haynes of Cleveland.com, means that the shoulder troubles that have kept Shumpert out of the team’s last three games, have been cleared up. Shumpert suffered a stinger during the Cavaliers’ February 18 home win against the Chicago Bulls, when he went for a steal and hit his shoulder against the Bulls’ Doug McDermott.
Haynes’ information is based on comments by Tyronn Lue during Friday morning’s shootaround:
“He’s going to go through shootaround and he’s supposed to be a go,” Lue said.
The injury was to the same shoulder that Shumpert injured last year while with the New York Knicks. He was still rehabilitating the injury when he was traded to the Cavaliers along with J.R. Smith on January 5, 2015, which delayed his debut with the Cavs.
Shumpert’s defensive prowess will be especially helpful in the important matchup against the Raptors, who are currently just three games behind Cleveland for the best record in the Eastern Conference.