- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Kyrie Irving on Return: ‘I’m Pretty F*cking Excited’
- Updated: December 20, 2015
It’s official—Kyrie Irving is returning versus the Philadelphia 76ers on Sunday.
Following his announcement that he’d be back, Irving could not contain his excitement while addressing the media, via Chris Haynes on Twitter:
Kyrie Irving addressing media and says “I’m pretty F-ing excited.” Said his emotions will probably take over later today.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) December 19, 2015
Irving’s return on Sunday will mark his first in-game action since injuring his knee versus the Golden State Warriors on June 4th in Game 1 of the NBA Finals.
“I’ve been ready to play, but bio-mechanically, we just wanted to make sure everything was good so I’m not putting myself at higher risk to go out there and get hurt again.”
While Irving stresses that his knee feels stronger than ever, head coach David Blatt will keep him on a minutes-restriction during his first couple of games. After taking on the Sixers on Sunday, the Cavaliers will play the New York Knicks on Wednesday.
The minutes restriction will ease Irving back into the lineup as Cleveland prepares for their rematch versus the Warriors on Christmas Day on Friday.