- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Kyrie Irving on Return: ‘I’m Pretty F*cking Excited’
- Updated: December 20, 2015
It’s official—Kyrie Irving is returning versus the Philadelphia 76ers on Sunday.
Following his announcement that he’d be back, Irving could not contain his excitement while addressing the media, via Chris Haynes on Twitter:
Kyrie Irving addressing media and says “I’m pretty F-ing excited.” Said his emotions will probably take over later today.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) December 19, 2015
Irving’s return on Sunday will mark his first in-game action since injuring his knee versus the Golden State Warriors on June 4th in Game 1 of the NBA Finals.
“I’ve been ready to play, but bio-mechanically, we just wanted to make sure everything was good so I’m not putting myself at higher risk to go out there and get hurt again.”
While Irving stresses that his knee feels stronger than ever, head coach David Blatt will keep him on a minutes-restriction during his first couple of games. After taking on the Sixers on Sunday, the Cavaliers will play the New York Knicks on Wednesday.
The minutes restriction will ease Irving back into the lineup as Cleveland prepares for their rematch versus the Warriors on Christmas Day on Friday.