- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Report: Richard Jefferson Hired for New Job Days After Announcing Retirement
- Updated: October 16, 2018
Richard Jefferson may not be an active NBA player anymore, but that does not mean he is out of a job. According to Sam Amico of Amico Hoops, Jefferson has been hired by the YES Network as a studio analyst for broadcasts of Brooklyn Nets games.
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) October 16, 2018
The news comes just days after the 38-year-old announced his retirement via a heartfelt message and video posted on his Instagram account.
For people wondering why Jefferson would join the Nets as an analyst, it is important to remember that Jefferson’s first seven years in the NBA were spent playing for the New Jersey Nets. As a member of the Nets, Jefferson played with Hall of Fame point guard Jason Kidd and swingman Vince Carter, who was one of the league’s more exciting players to watch at the time.
Of course, Jefferson is also fondly remembered for his two years with the Cleveland Cavaliers, where he helped the team capture its first-ever title over the Golden State Warriors in 2016 and developed a strong camaraderie with LeBron James, Kevin Love, and Channing Frye.
With Jefferson’s latest job hiring, Nets fans can expect his comedic personality and intelligence to shine forth as he follows the team through the foreseeable future.