- Report: Koby Altman ‘Stunned’ Lindsay Gottlieb With Offer She Couldn’t Refuse
- Steve Kerr Heavily Praises Cavs Upon Unprecedented Hiring of Lindsay Gottlieb
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Considering Dealing No. 5 Pick to Atlanta Hawks
- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
Report: Richard Jefferson Hired for New Job Days After Announcing Retirement
- Updated: October 16, 2018
Richard Jefferson may not be an active NBA player anymore, but that does not mean he is out of a job. According to Sam Amico of Amico Hoops, Jefferson has been hired by the YES Network as a studio analyst for broadcasts of Brooklyn Nets games.
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) October 16, 2018
The news comes just days after the 38-year-old announced his retirement via a heartfelt message and video posted on his Instagram account.
For people wondering why Jefferson would join the Nets as an analyst, it is important to remember that Jefferson’s first seven years in the NBA were spent playing for the New Jersey Nets. As a member of the Nets, Jefferson played with Hall of Fame point guard Jason Kidd and swingman Vince Carter, who was one of the league’s more exciting players to watch at the time.
Of course, Jefferson is also fondly remembered for his two years with the Cleveland Cavaliers, where he helped the team capture its first-ever title over the Golden State Warriors in 2016 and developed a strong camaraderie with LeBron James, Kevin Love, and Channing Frye.
With Jefferson’s latest job hiring, Nets fans can expect his comedic personality and intelligence to shine forth as he follows the team through the foreseeable future.