- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Report: Richard Jefferson Hired for New Job Days After Announcing Retirement
- Updated: October 16, 2018
Richard Jefferson may not be an active NBA player anymore, but that does not mean he is out of a job. According to Sam Amico of Amico Hoops, Jefferson has been hired by the YES Network as a studio analyst for broadcasts of Brooklyn Nets games.
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) October 16, 2018
The news comes just days after the 38-year-old announced his retirement via a heartfelt message and video posted on his Instagram account.
For people wondering why Jefferson would join the Nets as an analyst, it is important to remember that Jefferson’s first seven years in the NBA were spent playing for the New Jersey Nets. As a member of the Nets, Jefferson played with Hall of Fame point guard Jason Kidd and swingman Vince Carter, who was one of the league’s more exciting players to watch at the time.
Of course, Jefferson is also fondly remembered for his two years with the Cleveland Cavaliers, where he helped the team capture its first-ever title over the Golden State Warriors in 2016 and developed a strong camaraderie with LeBron James, Kevin Love, and Channing Frye.
With Jefferson’s latest job hiring, Nets fans can expect his comedic personality and intelligence to shine forth as he follows the team through the foreseeable future.