- Antawn Jamison Remembers Feeling ‘Numb’ After LeBron James Deserted Him on Cavs in 2010
- LeBron James Sends Outpouring of Birthday Messages to Kevin Love
- Kendrick Perkins Rips Apart Kyle Kuzma, Calls for Dion Waiters to Get More Playing Time
- NBA Executive Doubts Kyrie Irving Will Respect Steve Nash as Head Coach
- Kevin Love Reacts to Ongoing Feud Between Richard Jefferson and Scottie Pippen
- Scottie Pippen Destroys Richard Jefferson for Saying Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘Might Be a Pippen’
- Richard Jefferson Crucifies Giannis Antetokounmpo, Compares Him to Scottie Pippen
- Report: Multiple Cavs Veterans Will Not Participate in Team’s Voluntary Minicamp
- Cavs Fans Livid After Team Decides to Honor Michael Jordan on Iconic Statement Edition Uniforms
- Andre Drummond Goes After Donald Trump Following Latest Attack on NBA Protests
Video: Kid Gifts a Pair of LeBrons to a Classmate Who Was Made Fun of for His Shoes
- Updated: November 18, 2015
A heartwarming viral video that deals with the impact of bullying in schools has caught the attention of Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James, since his sneakers play a key role in the emotional pull that the video helps provide.
The 30-second video, which was posted on YouTube on Tuesday and has already been viewed nearly 5.9 million times on Facebook, shows an elementary school student carrying a brand new pair of LeBron James Nike sneakers. Hiding them behind his back, he walks toward a fellow student and then gives him the sneakers, saying that they were being given to him because of an incident the previous day. In that instance, the other student was ridiculed for the shoes he was wearing.
An unseen person is heard exclaiming, “Are you serious?” before someone else thanks the student. The recipient of the gift gives an appreciative hug as thanks.
James was alerted to the video and posted it on his Instagram feed, which has over 15 million followers. He praised the student for his actions, saying: “You’re going to great places kid for your generosity towards him. True leadership right there! #StriveForGreatness #IPROMISE @ljff”