- Report: Kevin Love Not Planning to Miss Any More Games Following All-Star Break
- Channing Frye reveals his favorite youngster among promising Duke University trio
- Cavs Coach Compares Draft Prospect Zion Williamson to Hall of Famer
- Report: Cavs Could Have 4 1st-Round Picks by June
- Kevin Durant’s response when asked if he thinks LeBron James is still NBA’s greatest
- Khloe Kardashian Breaks Up With Tristan Thompson After He Allegedly Cheats With Jordyn Woods
- Report: There’s ‘Internal Belief’ That Winning Basketball Could Be Coming Soon for Cavs
- Kirk Cousins Explains Why He ‘Totally Understands’ Why LeBron James Left Cavs
- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
Video: Kid Gifts a Pair of LeBrons to a Classmate Who Was Made Fun of for His Shoes
- Updated: November 18, 2015
A heartwarming viral video that deals with the impact of bullying in schools has caught the attention of Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James, since his sneakers play a key role in the emotional pull that the video helps provide.
The 30-second video, which was posted on YouTube on Tuesday and has already been viewed nearly 5.9 million times on Facebook, shows an elementary school student carrying a brand new pair of LeBron James Nike sneakers. Hiding them behind his back, he walks toward a fellow student and then gives him the sneakers, saying that they were being given to him because of an incident the previous day. In that instance, the other student was ridiculed for the shoes he was wearing.
An unseen person is heard exclaiming, “Are you serious?” before someone else thanks the student. The recipient of the gift gives an appreciative hug as thanks.
James was alerted to the video and posted it on his Instagram feed, which has over 15 million followers. He praised the student for his actions, saying: “You’re going to great places kid for your generosity towards him. True leadership right there! #StriveForGreatness #IPROMISE @ljff”