- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Cavs News: Jared Cunningham Earns Final Roster Spot as Cavs Waive Quinn Cook
- Updated: October 24, 2015
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) October 24, 2015
Cunningham established himself as the favorite to win the team’s final roster spot since early on in the preseason. He had a 31-point performance in a loss to the Philadelphia 76ers and scored in double figures off of the bench in four of the seven preseason games. He led the team in total points scored during the exhibition.
The 6’4″ guard’s contract will be non-guaranteed, meaning the team can release him at any point during the season and not owe him any more money.
Cook, an undrafted rookie out of the University of Duke, appeared in five preseason games and averaged 3.6 points and 1.8 assists in 12.2 minutes per contest.
The Cavaliers have a deadline of 5 p.m. to officially waive Cook.