- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Cavs News: Jared Cunningham Earns Final Roster Spot as Cavs Waive Quinn Cook
- Updated: October 24, 2015
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) October 24, 2015
Cunningham established himself as the favorite to win the team’s final roster spot since early on in the preseason. He had a 31-point performance in a loss to the Philadelphia 76ers and scored in double figures off of the bench in four of the seven preseason games. He led the team in total points scored during the exhibition.
The 6’4″ guard’s contract will be non-guaranteed, meaning the team can release him at any point during the season and not owe him any more money.
Cook, an undrafted rookie out of the University of Duke, appeared in five preseason games and averaged 3.6 points and 1.8 assists in 12.2 minutes per contest.
The Cavaliers have a deadline of 5 p.m. to officially waive Cook.