- Report: Cavs Have Made Everyone Except Darius Garland Available in Trade Talks
- Report: Cavs Asking for 1st-Round Pick in Exchange for Kevin Love
- Tristan Thompson Gushes About Kevin Porter Jr.: ‘The Kid Has Something Special’
- Report: Cavs Actively Listening to Trade Proposals for Kevin Love
- Cavs Rumors: Kevin Love ‘Prefers’ Trade to Portland Trail Blazers
- Kevin Porter Jr. Rips Cavs Defense, Says ‘We Keep Ball-Watching’
- Tristan Thompson’s Statement After Cavs Loss: ‘Rather Lose Like This Than Any Other F——— Way’
- Report: John Beilein Reached Out to 76ers Coach on How to Deal With Struggling Cavs
- Report: Portland Trail Blazers Could Package Hassan Whiteside, 1st-Round Pick for Kevin Love
- Report: Denver Nuggets Could Package Multiple Players in Trade for Kevin Love
Cavs News: Kevin Love Cleared to Play in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Updated: May 31, 2018
When the Cleveland Cavaliers face the Golden State Warriors in Game 1 of the NBA Finals, they’ll have a key piece of their lineup available to play. That’s because forward Kevin Love has been cleared to take the court for the contest.
Love has been dealing with a concussion suffered early in last Friday’s Game 6 Eastern Conference finals win over the Boston Celtics. He left the game after playing just five minutes and was ruled out of Sunday night’s Game 7 clash, though he did travel with the team and watched them clinch the series. Veteran Jeff Green started in Love’s place.
It’s uncertain exactly how much time he’ll be available to play, but his scoring punch will be needed to try and stop the heavily favored Warriors. Two years ago, he suffered a similar injury in the Finals, but returned in time to help the Cavaliers complete a historic comeback and win the franchise’s first title.