- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Cavs News: Kevin Love Cleared to Play in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Updated: May 31, 2018
When the Cleveland Cavaliers face the Golden State Warriors in Game 1 of the NBA Finals, they’ll have a key piece of their lineup available to play. That’s because forward Kevin Love has been cleared to take the court for the contest.
Love has been dealing with a concussion suffered early in last Friday’s Game 6 Eastern Conference finals win over the Boston Celtics. He left the game after playing just five minutes and was ruled out of Sunday night’s Game 7 clash, though he did travel with the team and watched them clinch the series. Veteran Jeff Green started in Love’s place.
It’s uncertain exactly how much time he’ll be available to play, but his scoring punch will be needed to try and stop the heavily favored Warriors. Two years ago, he suffered a similar injury in the Finals, but returned in time to help the Cavaliers complete a historic comeback and win the franchise’s first title.