- Report: Cavs Update Kevin Love’s Status After Apparent Concussion vs. Milwaukee Bucks
- Cavs News: Tristan Thompson to Make Return Tonight vs. Milwaukee Bucks
- Stephen Curry Had Special Cigar Saved for 2016 Championship But Cavs Ruined His Plans
- Report: Warriors Security Tried to Stop J.R. Smith From Smoking Cigar After 2016 Title
- Report: Cavs Would Keep David Nwaba at Right Price
- Why the Cavs Would Have Made the Playoffs This Year With a Healthy Kevin Love
- Former Cavs Assistant Coach Hilariously Details Story of J.R. Smith Throwing Soup at Him
- Report: Cavs Teammates Were Rolling Their Eyes at Cedi Osman Early in the Season
- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
Cavs News: Kevin Love Cleared to Play in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Updated: May 31, 2018
When the Cleveland Cavaliers face the Golden State Warriors in Game 1 of the NBA Finals, they’ll have a key piece of their lineup available to play. That’s because forward Kevin Love has been cleared to take the court for the contest.
Love has been dealing with a concussion suffered early in last Friday’s Game 6 Eastern Conference finals win over the Boston Celtics. He left the game after playing just five minutes and was ruled out of Sunday night’s Game 7 clash, though he did travel with the team and watched them clinch the series. Veteran Jeff Green started in Love’s place.
It’s uncertain exactly how much time he’ll be available to play, but his scoring punch will be needed to try and stop the heavily favored Warriors. Two years ago, he suffered a similar injury in the Finals, but returned in time to help the Cavaliers complete a historic comeback and win the franchise’s first title.