- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
- Cavs Fans Quickly Shut Down SportsCenter’s ‘Fact’ About Toronto Raptors
- Kevin Love’s Emphatic Reaction After Seeing Kevin Durant Go Down With Injury in Game 5
- R.J. Barrett Says He’s Only Willing to Meet and Work Out With New York Knicks
Cavs News: Kevin Love Cleared to Play in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Updated: May 31, 2018
When the Cleveland Cavaliers face the Golden State Warriors in Game 1 of the NBA Finals, they’ll have a key piece of their lineup available to play. That’s because forward Kevin Love has been cleared to take the court for the contest.
Love has been dealing with a concussion suffered early in last Friday’s Game 6 Eastern Conference finals win over the Boston Celtics. He left the game after playing just five minutes and was ruled out of Sunday night’s Game 7 clash, though he did travel with the team and watched them clinch the series. Veteran Jeff Green started in Love’s place.
It’s uncertain exactly how much time he’ll be available to play, but his scoring punch will be needed to try and stop the heavily favored Warriors. Two years ago, he suffered a similar injury in the Finals, but returned in time to help the Cavaliers complete a historic comeback and win the franchise’s first title.