- Former Cavs Players Get Into Twitter War With Royce White After He Calls Out LeBron James
- Cavs News: Darius Garland Named 2nd Best Playmaker in 2019 NBA Draft
- Mario Hezonja Not Impressed With Kevin Love’s Strength, Challenges Him for More
- Khris Middleton Looking Forward to Battling Matthew Dellavedova During USA-Australia Match
- Kevin Porter Jr. and Bol Bol Voted as Biggest Steals in 2019 NBA Draft
- Video: Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr. Drops 40-Point Triple-Double in Crawsover Pro-Am League Game
- Former Cavs Head Coach Announces He Suffers From Multiple Sclerosis
- Report: Cavs’ ‘Deep-Thinkers’ Worried About Defensive Limitations Around Sexton-Garland Backcourt
- Cavs Insider Says Team Getting More Than 25 Wins This Season Would Be ‘Pleasant Surprise’
- Report: Cavs Plan to Have 6 Guards on Roster by Start of Season
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Center Chris Johnson to Training Camp Deal
- Updated: September 25, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers‘ training camp roster is finally complete.
According to Chris Haynes of the Northeast Ohio Media Group, the Cavaliers signed free agent center Chris Johnson to a non-guaranteed deal on Friday, making Johnson the 20th and final man on Cleveland’s roster as they begin training camp on September 29th.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) September 25, 2015
The 30-year-old Johnson went undrafted in 2009 and has had stints with four different teams during his time in the NBA. More recently, the 6’11” center played overseas in Turkey during the 2014-15 season.
Johnson will compete with Quinn Cook, D.J. Stephens, Jared Cunningham, Nick Minnerath and Austin Daye for the team’s 15th and final regular season roster spot. The center will look to compete for playing time on a frontline that includes Timofey Mozgov, Kevin Love, Anderson Varejao, Sasha Kaun and likely Tristan Thompson.
Through 71 career games and one start, Johnson holds averages of 2.9 points, 2.0 rebounds and 0.9 blocks per game on 56.2 percent shooting from the field. He last played in the NBA for the Minnesota Timberwolves during the 2012-13 season.