- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Center Chris Johnson to Training Camp Deal
- Updated: September 25, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers‘ training camp roster is finally complete.
According to Chris Haynes of the Northeast Ohio Media Group, the Cavaliers signed free agent center Chris Johnson to a non-guaranteed deal on Friday, making Johnson the 20th and final man on Cleveland’s roster as they begin training camp on September 29th.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) September 25, 2015
The 30-year-old Johnson went undrafted in 2009 and has had stints with four different teams during his time in the NBA. More recently, the 6’11” center played overseas in Turkey during the 2014-15 season.
Johnson will compete with Quinn Cook, D.J. Stephens, Jared Cunningham, Nick Minnerath and Austin Daye for the team’s 15th and final regular season roster spot. The center will look to compete for playing time on a frontline that includes Timofey Mozgov, Kevin Love, Anderson Varejao, Sasha Kaun and likely Tristan Thompson.
Through 71 career games and one start, Johnson holds averages of 2.9 points, 2.0 rebounds and 0.9 blocks per game on 56.2 percent shooting from the field. He last played in the NBA for the Minnesota Timberwolves during the 2012-13 season.