- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Center Chris Johnson to Training Camp Deal
- Updated: September 25, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers‘ training camp roster is finally complete.
According to Chris Haynes of the Northeast Ohio Media Group, the Cavaliers signed free agent center Chris Johnson to a non-guaranteed deal on Friday, making Johnson the 20th and final man on Cleveland’s roster as they begin training camp on September 29th.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) September 25, 2015
The 30-year-old Johnson went undrafted in 2009 and has had stints with four different teams during his time in the NBA. More recently, the 6’11” center played overseas in Turkey during the 2014-15 season.
Johnson will compete with Quinn Cook, D.J. Stephens, Jared Cunningham, Nick Minnerath and Austin Daye for the team’s 15th and final regular season roster spot. The center will look to compete for playing time on a frontline that includes Timofey Mozgov, Kevin Love, Anderson Varejao, Sasha Kaun and likely Tristan Thompson.
Through 71 career games and one start, Johnson holds averages of 2.9 points, 2.0 rebounds and 0.9 blocks per game on 56.2 percent shooting from the field. He last played in the NBA for the Minnesota Timberwolves during the 2012-13 season.