- Jordan Clarkson Tells Channing Frye to ‘Shut Up’ After He Gets Roasted in Hilarious Fashion
- John Beilein Rips Referees for Traveling Calls on Cavs: ‘It’s Not Fair’
- Kyrie Irving ‘Coward’ Signs Spotted in Boston Ahead of Celtics-Nets Matchup
- Tristan Thompson Says Collin Sexton and Darius Garland Are Different: ‘They’re Not Douchebags’
- Report: Cavs to Eventually Demote Collin Sexton to Bench Role
- Darius Garland Speaks on Recent Improvement: ‘It’s Starting to Slow Down for Me’
- Report: Rival Executives Expected Trail Blazers to Target Kevin Love After Zach Collins Injury
- LeBron James Hilariously Reacts to Richard Jefferson Trolling New York Knicks
- Kevin Love Not Buying That Kyrie Irving Is a Bad Teammate
- Tristan Thompson Calls Kyrie Irving ‘Great Teammate,’ Says Cavs Will Retire His Jersey
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Center Chris Johnson to Training Camp Deal
- Updated: September 25, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers‘ training camp roster is finally complete.
According to Chris Haynes of the Northeast Ohio Media Group, the Cavaliers signed free agent center Chris Johnson to a non-guaranteed deal on Friday, making Johnson the 20th and final man on Cleveland’s roster as they begin training camp on September 29th.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) September 25, 2015
The 30-year-old Johnson went undrafted in 2009 and has had stints with four different teams during his time in the NBA. More recently, the 6’11” center played overseas in Turkey during the 2014-15 season.
Johnson will compete with Quinn Cook, D.J. Stephens, Jared Cunningham, Nick Minnerath and Austin Daye for the team’s 15th and final regular season roster spot. The center will look to compete for playing time on a frontline that includes Timofey Mozgov, Kevin Love, Anderson Varejao, Sasha Kaun and likely Tristan Thompson.
Through 71 career games and one start, Johnson holds averages of 2.9 points, 2.0 rebounds and 0.9 blocks per game on 56.2 percent shooting from the field. He last played in the NBA for the Minnesota Timberwolves during the 2012-13 season.