- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Cavs News: LeBron James Officially Opts Out of Contract, Expected to Return for 2015-16
- Updated: June 28, 2015
As to no surprise, it has just been reported by Cleveland.com that LeBron James will indeed opt out of his $21.57 million option.
— NEOMG Cavs (@PDcavsinsider) June 28, 2015
He is also expected to sign a new one-year deal with an option for the 2016-17 season.
James can officially sign a new contract on July 9, and his option deadline will pass on June 29.
Also, the reason for next year’s one-year option is so that James gets some sort of protection, should something physically bad happen to him this year. It also gives him and his personnel leverage power.