- Richard Jefferson’s 3 Hilarious Tweets Sum Up Warriors-Blazers Series Perfectly
- Cavs News: Collin Sexton Named to All-Rookie Second Team
- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
Cavs News: LeBron James Officially Opts Out of Contract, Expected to Return for 2015-16
- Updated: June 28, 2015
As to no surprise, it has just been reported by Cleveland.com that LeBron James will indeed opt out of his $21.57 million option.
— NEOMG Cavs (@PDcavsinsider) June 28, 2015
He is also expected to sign a new one-year deal with an option for the 2016-17 season.
James can officially sign a new contract on July 9, and his option deadline will pass on June 29.
Also, the reason for next year’s one-year option is so that James gets some sort of protection, should something physically bad happen to him this year. It also gives him and his personnel leverage power.