- Video: Andre Drummond Drains Acrobatic 3-Pointer in Scrimmage
- Cavs Rumors: Growing Belief That NBA Won’t Create 2nd Bubble for 8 Eliminated Teams
- Report: Cavs Were ‘Livid’ to Be Left Out of NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Deems Anthony Davis ‘Monstar’ After Huge Game in NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Emotional Message About Why He Feels Lucky to Be on Cavs
- Dylan Windler Offers Incredibly Positive Update on Injury Recovery
- Tristan Thompson Gets Hyped While Explaining Why LeBron James Is the Best Player in the NBA
- Larry Nance Jr. Breaks Down Why He’s a ‘Huge Fan’ of LaMelo Ball
- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond Exploring ‘Substantial Offer’ for Long-Term Extension
- Report: Cavs Have 1 Draft Prospect ‘Sitting Firmly Towards the Top’ of Their List
Cavs News: LeBron James Officially Opts Out of Contract, Expected to Return for 2015-16
- Updated: June 28, 2015
As to no surprise, it has just been reported by Cleveland.com that LeBron James will indeed opt out of his $21.57 million option.
— NEOMG Cavs (@PDcavsinsider) June 28, 2015
He is also expected to sign a new one-year deal with an option for the 2016-17 season.
James can officially sign a new contract on July 9, and his option deadline will pass on June 29.
Also, the reason for next year’s one-year option is so that James gets some sort of protection, should something physically bad happen to him this year. It also gives him and his personnel leverage power.