- Darius Garland Reacts to Recording His First Career Double-Double
- Report: Cavs Apply for Disabled Player Exception in Wake of Dylan Windler Injury
- Former Cavs Head Coach Tyronn Lue Admits He Wishes He Were Still in Cleveland
- Report: Paul George to Miss Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Kevin Love Preaches Positivity Amid Recent Cavs Success: ‘We’re Definitely Playing Better Now’
- Darius Garland Passes Kyrie Irving in Meaningful Stat for Cavs Rookie
- Video: Tristan Thompson Dunks on LeBron James, Proceeds to Stare Him Down
- Cavs News: Dylan Windler to Miss Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- John Beilein Gushes Over ‘Tremendous Growth’ From This Season’s Cavs
- Cavs Veterans Offer Incredible Praise for Collin Sexton and Darius Garland
Cavs News: LeBron James Officially Opts Out of Contract, Expected to Return for 2015-16
- Updated: June 28, 2015
As to no surprise, it has just been reported by Cleveland.com that LeBron James will indeed opt out of his $21.57 million option.
— NEOMG Cavs (@PDcavsinsider) June 28, 2015
He is also expected to sign a new one-year deal with an option for the 2016-17 season.
James can officially sign a new contract on July 9, and his option deadline will pass on June 29.
Also, the reason for next year’s one-year option is so that James gets some sort of protection, should something physically bad happen to him this year. It also gives him and his personnel leverage power.