- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Cavs News: Joe Harris Assigned Again to Canton Charge
- Updated: January 27, 2015
Cleveland Cavaliers rookie guard Joe Harris was again assigned to the team’s D-league affiliate Canton Charge according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer. This marks the third time in the last week that the rookie has been assigned on what’s now become the I-77 shuttle.
The decision was made in order to continue Harris’ development at guard, and is a direct result of the most recent addition to the team. Iman Shumpert, who was part of the January 5 three-team trade with the New York Knicks and Oklahoma City Thunder that also involved J.R. Smith and Dion Waiters, saw his first action with the Cavaliers last Friday night. Shumpert had been out due to a dislocated shoulder for the previous six weeks.
During his time with the Cavaliers, Harris has averaged just over 11 minutes in his 35 games, scoring 2.8 points per game. In his previous two appearances for Canton, Harris averaged just under 40 minutes per game, notching 18 points and eight rebounds per game.
In his two previous assignments, Harris played one game in Canton, then was recalled and activated by the Cavaliers. He is expected to remain with the Charge at least through this weekend. The 23-year-old was a second round draft pick out of Virginia by the Cavs in the 2014 NBA draft.