- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
Cavs News: Joe Harris Assigned Again to Canton Charge
- Updated: January 27, 2015
Cleveland Cavaliers rookie guard Joe Harris was again assigned to the team’s D-league affiliate Canton Charge according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer. This marks the third time in the last week that the rookie has been assigned on what’s now become the I-77 shuttle.
The decision was made in order to continue Harris’ development at guard, and is a direct result of the most recent addition to the team. Iman Shumpert, who was part of the January 5 three-team trade with the New York Knicks and Oklahoma City Thunder that also involved J.R. Smith and Dion Waiters, saw his first action with the Cavaliers last Friday night. Shumpert had been out due to a dislocated shoulder for the previous six weeks.
During his time with the Cavaliers, Harris has averaged just over 11 minutes in his 35 games, scoring 2.8 points per game. In his previous two appearances for Canton, Harris averaged just under 40 minutes per game, notching 18 points and eight rebounds per game.
In his two previous assignments, Harris played one game in Canton, then was recalled and activated by the Cavaliers. He is expected to remain with the Charge at least through this weekend. The 23-year-old was a second round draft pick out of Virginia by the Cavs in the 2014 NBA draft.