- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
Report: Darius Garland to miss time due to concerning new injury
- Updated: January 6, 2021
The Cleveland Cavaliers are getting hit hard by the injury bug.
Cavs point guard Darius Garland could miss up to one week after injuring his right shoulder.
#Cavs announce that Darius Garland, who was listed on the injury report as out with a right shoulder sprain, had an MRI on Tuesday to confirm the injury. Garland could miss up to one week, but will be re-evaluated daily through treatment and rehab, and his status will be updated.
— Kelsey Russo (@kelseyyrusso) January 6, 2021
Garland, 20, is in his second season with the Cavs.
The Cavs selected the youngster with the No. 5 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. Although Garland struggled in his first year in the league, he has been marvelous so far this season.
As a matter of fact, Garland is averaging a career-high 17.2 points, 6.3 assists, 3.3 rebounds and 1.3 steals per game this season. The Cavs hold a 4-3 record through seven games.
However, the recent slew of injuries could interrupt the Cavs’ strong start to the season.