- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Collin Sexton joins LeBron James, Austin Carr and Bingo Smith in Cavs history books
- Updated: January 3, 2021
With a 4-2 record, the Cleveland Cavaliers are off to an excellent start this season.
Guard Collin Sexton has played a major role in his team’s success.
By scoring 27 points in the Cavs’ 96-91 win over the Atlanta Hawks on Saturday, Sexton joined some select company in team history.
— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) January 3, 2021
The third-year man out of the University of Alabama is off to a great start in the 2020-21 NBA season. Following Saturday’s game, he’s averaging 26.0 points and 3.7 assists per game while shooting a scalding 55.6 percent from the field and 55.0 percent from 3-point range.
In his first two seasons, Sexton showed plenty of promise, and perhaps he is poised to take his game to an All-Star caliber level on a consistent basis this season.
Also playing a big role in the Cavs’ fast start is Sexton’s backcourt mate Darius Garland, who is putting up a very efficient 17.2 points and 6.3 assists per game.
Cleveland will take on the Orlando Magic on Sunday afternoon, giving it a prime opportunity to extend its great start.