- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
Cavs Rumors: Iman Shumpert Being Made Available for Trade by Front Office
- Updated: February 18, 2017
With less than one week left before the NBA trade deadline, the Cleveland Cavaliers are continuing to search for additional players to supplement their injury-depleted roster. One potential trade that reportedly continues to be discussed could involve shooting guard Iman Shumpert heading west.
Brian Windhorst of ESPN stated that the Cavaliers and Sacramento Kings have been discussing a trade, with Shumpert supposedly being the player the Cavaliers would trade.
Some things from Windhorst's podcast: Shump is available and the Cavs have been talking with Kings for a long time.
— CLE Sports Nation (@NationCLE) February 17, 2017
— Cavs Sports Talk (@CavsSportsTalk) February 17, 2017
Such rumors aren’t necessarily new, since rumors about Shumpert being sent to the Kings had reportedly begun in November. However, given the Cavaliers’ need for a backup point guard and someone who can give the team depth in the paint, the looming deadline has renewed such talks.
There’s no indication who the Cavs might be targeting in return for Shumpert. One of the earlier possibilities, forward Rudy Gay, saw his season abruptly end last month when he tore his left Achilles tendon.
The 26-year-old Shumpert is making $9.66 million this season and is due $10.33 million and just over $11 million in each of the next two seasons, respectively.
The trade deadline officially ends at 3 p.m. ET on Feb. 23, though the Cavaliers may also try and acquire someone after that time when teams begin buying out veteran contracts.