- Kevin Love Explains Why He’s Still Waiting for First ‘Big Win’ of Season
- Klay Thompson Says He Knew Warriors Were Going to Sweep ‘Defeated’ Cavs
- Nik Stauskas ‘Super Excited’ Koby Altman Brought Him Back to Cavs Organization
- Ranking the 5 Worst Cleveland Cavaliers Teams of All Time
- Report: Cavs Sign Guard Nik Stauskas to Deal for Rest of Season
- Channing Frye Notes Hilarious Pet Peeve Richard Jefferson Used to Have About Him
- Report: Cavs Have Added Monster Amount of Money to Payroll Since LeBron’s Departure
- Kevin Love Shares Inspirational Message Following First Game Back From Injury
- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Make Long-Awaited Return Tonight vs. Washington Wizards
- LeBron James on Game 7 vs. Boston Celtics Last Year: ‘I Damn Near Killed Myself That Day’
Cavs Rumors: Iman Shumpert Being Made Available for Trade by Front Office
- Updated: February 18, 2017
With less than one week left before the NBA trade deadline, the Cleveland Cavaliers are continuing to search for additional players to supplement their injury-depleted roster. One potential trade that reportedly continues to be discussed could involve shooting guard Iman Shumpert heading west.
Brian Windhorst of ESPN stated that the Cavaliers and Sacramento Kings have been discussing a trade, with Shumpert supposedly being the player the Cavaliers would trade.
Some things from Windhorst's podcast: Shump is available and the Cavs have been talking with Kings for a long time.
— CLE Sports Nation (@NationCLE) February 17, 2017
— Cavs Sports Talk (@CavsSportsTalk) February 17, 2017
Such rumors aren’t necessarily new, since rumors about Shumpert being sent to the Kings had reportedly begun in November. However, given the Cavaliers’ need for a backup point guard and someone who can give the team depth in the paint, the looming deadline has renewed such talks.
There’s no indication who the Cavs might be targeting in return for Shumpert. One of the earlier possibilities, forward Rudy Gay, saw his season abruptly end last month when he tore his left Achilles tendon.
The 26-year-old Shumpert is making $9.66 million this season and is due $10.33 million and just over $11 million in each of the next two seasons, respectively.
The trade deadline officially ends at 3 p.m. ET on Feb. 23, though the Cavaliers may also try and acquire someone after that time when teams begin buying out veteran contracts.