- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Kevin Love salutes LeBron James for accomplishing unparalleled achievement
- Updated: December 7, 2020
Los Angeles Lakers superstar LeBron James was recently named Sportsperson of the Year by Sports Illustrated. It was the Akron, Ohio native’s third such award from the famous publication, making him the first athlete to earn the achievement three times.
James won the award this year along with four other athletes, and he earned the honor for helping to drive improved voter turnout in last month’s presidential election.
His More Than a Vote initiative got it done by encouraging people of color to register and exercise their rights to vote.
James also helped make Staples Center and Dodger Stadium, two of L.A.’s largest sports venues, official polling places for the election.
Of course, it also didn’t hurt that James won his fourth NBA championship and NBA Finals MVP award in October.
With training camp underway, the Lakers are favored by most to repeat as world champs.