- Larry Nance Jr. takes jab at Tristan Thompson after his signing with Celtics
- Report: Tristan Thompson agrees to 2-year deal with Boston Celtics
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves interested in Tristan Thompson
- Report: Clippers have become ‘real possibility’ for Tristan Thompson
- Report: Raptors and Lakers expected to pursue Tristan Thompson in free agency
- Report: Chatter of ‘Gordon Hayward-Andre Drummond swap’ heating up across league
- Report: NBA title contenders were vying to trade for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Video: Isaac Okoro surprises his parents with brand new Range Rover moments after getting drafted
- Cavs players react in jubilation to first-round pick of Isaac Okoro
- Report: Cavs could be landing spot for Celtics forward Gordon Hayward
Larry Nance Jr. takes jab at Tristan Thompson after his signing with Celtics
- Updated: November 21, 2020
Nance, like his namesake father, Larry Sr., possesses outstanding leaping ability and has shown the ability to deliver some thundering dunks.
The 29-year-old Thompson’s departure from the Cavs ends his nine-year career with the team, which was largely focused on his ability in the paint and on defense.
The younger Nance and Thompson had played together since February 2018 and have been central parts of the Cavaliers’ efforts to rebuild following the departure of LeBron James that same year.
Prior to the signing, the Celtics had reportedly sought to move up in Wednesday’s draft. That effort apparently included trying to acquire the Cavaliers’ fifth overall pick.
Instead, the Celtics chose to sign Thompson to a two-year deal, with his rebounding ability helping complement a lineup that ended up reaching the Eastern Conference finals this past season.
For the younger Nance and the Cavaliers, they now have an additional hole to fill in their own lineup, though the prospect of Thompson departing was seen as almost likely.