- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
Report: Raptors and Lakers expected to pursue Tristan Thompson in free agency
- Updated: November 20, 2020
According to Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated, the Toronto Raptors are expected to pursue the 2016 champion.
“The [Los Angeles] Lakers would love to land Tristan Thompson, an ex-LeBron James teammate in Cleveland who would shore up the front line,” Mannix wrote. “The Raptors, who could lose both Marc Gasol and Serge Ibaka, are expected to pursue the Toronto-born big man. With Andre Drummond opting into the final year of his contract, Thompson’s time with the Cavs could be over.”
Thompson, 29, is coming off one of the best individual seasons of his career.
The veteran collected 12.0 points, 10.1 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game last season.
Yet, the Cavaliers finished with the worst record in the Eastern Conference and missed the postseason for the second straight year.
Cleveland may not be the ideal place for the veteran big man. After all, Thompson is in the prime years of his career.
To make matters worse, the Cavs reportedly aren’t offering Thompson a favorable deal.