- Collin Sexton Says His Game Has Improved in ‘Every Aspect’ Since Entering NBA
- Collin Sexton Discusses Close Relationship With Chris Paul, Says He Talks to Him Every Week
- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
- Dwyane Wade Says He Felt Like a ‘Zombie’ During His Stint on Cavs
Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
- Updated: October 11, 2019
So far in preseason play, Garland has looked electric. That’s probably why the No. 5 overall pick recently spoke so highly of his ongoing transition to the NBA.
“I mean it’s a long week, but I got through it, got better everyday,” Garland said of his first week of NBA training camp. “The adjustment to the NBA has been really fun, just being around all the guys. They’re really cool taking me under their wings and making me a better person, a better player.”
It’s clear that Garland is both taking all the lessons he is learning in, while also making an effort to bond and build chemistry with his teammates.
The Cavs are still in the thick of a complete overhaul. Alongside second-year guard Collin Sexton, Garland is expected to be one of the Cavs’ major pieces to build towards the future.
In his first preseason action versus Club Atletico San Lorenzo de Almagro, Garland put up nine points while shooting 4-for-4 from the field.
Garland will look to continue that success on Friday in his first preseason matchup against NBA competition when the Cavs take on the Detroit Pistons.