- Kevin Love Says Cavs Feeling ‘Pretty Damn Good’ Despite Loss to 76ers
- Tristan Thompson Talks Trash to 76ers Bench After Hitting 3-Pointer
- Report: 76ers Could Be Without Multiple All-Stars for Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Report: Knicks Owner James Dolan ‘Ordered’ Front Office to Address Media After Blowout Loss to Cavs
- John Beilein and Kevin Love Applaud Tristan Thompson for Taking on Leadership Role This Season
- Report: New York Knicks in Misery After Blowout Loss to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Tristan Thompson Says Cavs Are Seeking to Make Playoffs This Season
- Report: Michael Jordan Once Destroyed Cavs After Drinking 10 Bud Lights
- Kevin Love Sends Message to Gordon Hayward After His Devastating Injury News
- LeBron James Hints at How He ‘Got Into It in Cleveland’ With Tyronn Lue
Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
- Updated: October 11, 2019
So far in preseason play, Garland has looked electric. That’s probably why the No. 5 overall pick recently spoke so highly of his ongoing transition to the NBA.
“I mean it’s a long week, but I got through it, got better everyday,” Garland said of his first week of NBA training camp. “The adjustment to the NBA has been really fun, just being around all the guys. They’re really cool taking me under their wings and making me a better person, a better player.”
It’s clear that Garland is both taking all the lessons he is learning in, while also making an effort to bond and build chemistry with his teammates.
The Cavs are still in the thick of a complete overhaul. Alongside second-year guard Collin Sexton, Garland is expected to be one of the Cavs’ major pieces to build towards the future.
In his first preseason action versus Club Atletico San Lorenzo de Almagro, Garland put up nine points while shooting 4-for-4 from the field.
Garland will look to continue that success on Friday in his first preseason matchup against NBA competition when the Cavs take on the Detroit Pistons.