- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
- Updated: October 11, 2019
So far in preseason play, Garland has looked electric. That’s probably why the No. 5 overall pick recently spoke so highly of his ongoing transition to the NBA.
“I mean it’s a long week, but I got through it, got better everyday,” Garland said of his first week of NBA training camp. “The adjustment to the NBA has been really fun, just being around all the guys. They’re really cool taking me under their wings and making me a better person, a better player.”
It’s clear that Garland is both taking all the lessons he is learning in, while also making an effort to bond and build chemistry with his teammates.
The Cavs are still in the thick of a complete overhaul. Alongside second-year guard Collin Sexton, Garland is expected to be one of the Cavs’ major pieces to build towards the future.
In his first preseason action versus Club Atletico San Lorenzo de Almagro, Garland put up nine points while shooting 4-for-4 from the field.
Garland will look to continue that success on Friday in his first preseason matchup against NBA competition when the Cavs take on the Detroit Pistons.