- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
- Updated: October 11, 2019
So far in preseason play, Garland has looked electric. That’s probably why the No. 5 overall pick recently spoke so highly of his ongoing transition to the NBA.
“I mean it’s a long week, but I got through it, got better everyday,” Garland said of his first week of NBA training camp. “The adjustment to the NBA has been really fun, just being around all the guys. They’re really cool taking me under their wings and making me a better person, a better player.”
It’s clear that Garland is both taking all the lessons he is learning in, while also making an effort to bond and build chemistry with his teammates.
The Cavs are still in the thick of a complete overhaul. Alongside second-year guard Collin Sexton, Garland is expected to be one of the Cavs’ major pieces to build towards the future.
In his first preseason action versus Club Atletico San Lorenzo de Almagro, Garland put up nine points while shooting 4-for-4 from the field.
Garland will look to continue that success on Friday in his first preseason matchup against NBA competition when the Cavs take on the Detroit Pistons.