- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
- Report: Veteran big man would ‘love to play’ for Cavs as free agency nears
- Larry Nance Jr. offers high praise for Miami Marlins’ historic hire of Kim Ng
Report: Veteran big man would ‘love to play’ for Cavs as free agency nears
- Updated: November 14, 2020
The Cleveland Cavaliers have the ability to tinker with their roster this offseason.
According to Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com, big man Kosta Koufos is interested in joining the Cavaliers.
“With NBA free agency set to open in about a week, sources say multiple teams have reached out to Koufos’ agent about his plans,” Fedor reported. “Being from Canton, sources say the 7-footer would love to play for the Cleveland Cavaliers, who may seek cheap frontcourt depth this offseason.”
Koufos, 31, last played in the NBA with the Sacramento Kings during the 2018-19 season.
Although the center signed a deal with CKSA Moscow in July 2019, he is looking to return to the NBA.
“Former Ohio State center and 11-year NBA veteran Kosta Koufos is looking to return to the NBA after a year overseas, league sources tell cleveland.com,” Fedor wrote.
As for Koufos, he could prove to be a reliable and cheap option for the Cavs.
Over the course of his time in the NBA, Koufos has career averages of 5.7 points and 5.0 rebounds per game. He has competed in the postseason several times as well.