- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
- Report: Veteran big man would ‘love to play’ for Cavs as free agency nears
Video: Jordan Bell holds his own in intense sparring match with former All-Pro linebacker
- Updated: November 12, 2020
Cleveland Cavaliers forward Jordan Bell took on former All-Pro NFL linebacker Shawne Merriman in a sparring match, and the Cavs forward held his own.
View this post on Instagram
Bell, 25, seems to be trying different ways to stay in shape as he prepares for the 2020-21 season.
The University of Oregon product signed a two-year deal with the Cavs back in June.
He was waived by the Memphis Grizzlies after playing just two games with the team.
Bell also played for the Minnesota Timberwolves during the 2019-20 season. Overall last year, Bell averaged 3.2 points and 2.8 rebounds in 8.8 minutes per game.
A second-round pick by the Chicago Bulls in the 2017 NBA Draft, Bell was traded to the Golden State Warriors where he had a solid rookie season.
He was a part of the Warriors 2018 title and played two seasons in Golden State.
Now, Bell is trying to build upon his career with the Cavs.
An athletic shot-blocker and rim-runner, Bell should provide the Cavs with some highlight plays next season.