- LeBron James identifies himself with Michael Jordan after video of Cavs member trashing him emerges
- Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Andre Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Brooklyn Nets
- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
Cavs News: Kevin Love leaves team’s Cleveland bubble
- Updated: September 29, 2020
Just a quick note/update on #Cavs mini-bubble: Kevin Love, who said he wouldn’t be there the entire time but wanted to show leadership by attending at least some of it, is no longer there. Sources tell @clevelanddotcom he left the bubble on Saturday.
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) September 29, 2020
The Cavaliers minicamp at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse began earlier this month.
Love’s presence in the minicamp was meant to offer something of a veteran presence among the team’s younger players looking to make an impact.
The organized workouts were an effort to limit the effects of the Cavs having been away from the court since the NBA shutdown in March.
The absence of Tristan Thompson, Matthew Dellavedova and Andre Drummond from the camp made Love a welcome sight for head coach J.B. Bickerstaff as he attempts to continue the Cavaliers’ rebuilding efforts.
In the cases of Thompson and Dellavedova, they are both unrestricted free agents at the end of the season. That serves as a reason for their absences from the minicamp.
Exactly when the team will once again be together for the start of the team’s training camp is unknown.
That’s because no official starting date for next season has been determined as the NBA gets set for the NBA Finals matchup between the Los Angeles Lakers and Miami Heat.