- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Andre Drummond Throws Shade at Haters for Not Being Considered for Defensive Player of the Year
- Updated: July 25, 2020
After seeing a graphic that pointed out he is the only player to be top 10 in blocks and steals per game in the league this season, Drummond made sure to highlight his case for the prestigious award on Instagram.
Drummond, 26, split time with the Cavs and Detroit Pistons this season.
The former All-Star only got to play in eight games in Cleveland before the novel coronavirus halted the organization’s 2019-20 campaign. He put up 17.5 points, 11.1 boards and 1.5 steals per game as a member of the Cavs.
In Drummond’s 49 games with the Pistons this season, he averaged 17.8 points, 15.8 rebounds and 2.0 steals per game. With those numbers, Drummond is the only player in the league to place top 10 in both rebounds and steals per game this season.
As a matter of fact, Drummond’s 15.8 rebounds with the Pistons this season put him above the entire league. He is one of the most prolific rebounders in the association.
After all, Drummond has led the league in rebounds in four different seasons. Yet, Drummond has never won the Defensive Player of the Year award.