- Lou Williams Claps Back at Kendrick Perkins, Threatens to Check Him When They Meet in Real Life
- Kendrick Perkins Publicly Destroys Lou Williams, Says 20-Year-Old Zion Williamson More Mature
- Report: Kyrie Irving Commits $1.5 Million to Help Pay WNBA Players Sitting Out 2020 Season
- Dion Waiters Identifies Major Difference in Playing With LeBron James on Lakers vs. on Cavs
- Andre Drummond Throws Shade at Haters for Not Being Considered for Defensive Player of the Year
- Report: Cavs Want Andre Drummond to Pair With Kevin Love Similar to How He Did With Blake Griffin
- Report: Cavs Teammates Were Often Confused by Andre Drummond’s 3-Point Attempts
- Andre Drummond Expresses Deep Sorrow After Former UConn Star Found Dead in Home
- Cavs Center Tristan Thompson Puts Luxurious $8.5M Mansion Up for Sale (Full Gallery Inside)
- Kevin Love Shows Off Personally Captured Photo of Stunning Supermodel Girlfriend
Andre Drummond Throws Shade at Haters for Not Being Considered for Defensive Player of the Year
- Updated: July 25, 2020
After seeing a graphic that pointed out he is the only player to be top 10 in blocks and steals per game in the league this season, Drummond made sure to highlight his case for the prestigious award on Instagram.
Drummond, 26, split time with the Cavs and Detroit Pistons this season.
The former All-Star only got to play in eight games in Cleveland before the novel coronavirus halted the organization’s 2019-20 campaign. He put up 17.5 points, 11.1 boards and 1.5 steals per game as a member of the Cavs.
In Drummond’s 49 games with the Pistons this season, he averaged 17.8 points, 15.8 rebounds and 2.0 steals per game. With those numbers, Drummond is the only player in the league to place top 10 in both rebounds and steals per game this season.
As a matter of fact, Drummond’s 15.8 rebounds with the Pistons this season put him above the entire league. He is one of the most prolific rebounders in the association.
After all, Drummond has led the league in rebounds in four different seasons. Yet, Drummond has never won the Defensive Player of the Year award.