- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
Cleveland Cavaliers Unveil All New Nike Uniforms for 2017-18 Season
- Updated: August 7, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers are moving into the future with some shiny new threads. On Monday, the Cavs and Nike revealed two new jerseys for the 2017-18 season.
The Cavaliers described the incredible new look in a press release:
“The uniforms combine the updated and contemporary look of the Cavs brand with Nike’s innovative high-performance technology and feature global emblems of drive and determination — Nike’s Swoosh and The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company’s Wingfoot.”
Goodyear and the Cavaliers announced a multi-year partnership back in May. Considering the fact that the Goodyear headquarters are located in Akron, Ohio, it’s hard to think of a better logo to proudly wear.
Cavaliers chief marketing officer Tracy Marek explained what excites her most about the new look.
“The new uniforms are uniquely inspired by both the history and future of the Cavaliers franchise and represents the power of teamwork and partnership,” she said. “We had the incredible opportunity to collaborate with Nike on the design of the uniform and we found the perfect partner in Goodyear who shares our home-state pride and values of drive and determination. We couldn’t be more fortunate to work with two global leaders in their respective industries, and their prominent representation on the Cavaliers new uniforms helps present a timeless message of performance and impact on and off the court.”
The upcoming season is sure to be difficult one as LeBron James and the Cavaliers look to bring another NBA championship to Cleveland. While only time will tell whether or not they succeed, one thing is certain, they’re going to look great trying.